Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 Pro Revit addin

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
joostschlebaum
411 Views, 1 Reply

Vault 2014 Pro Revit addin

Hello,

I'm trying to implement Vault 2014 pro in my company. We have a lot of Revit 2014 users so I distributed the Vault addin for Revit.

The problem is that it seems that only accounts with the Administrator role can upload/save documents using the addin. I have tried everything, switched every role and it only works when using the Administrator role. Is there any way that I can get "normal" users to work with the addin? I cannot just make everyone in my company an administrator.

Thanks

Joost Schlebaum

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I found the solution!

You have to give reading rights to the Project Explorer folder. It is not enough to only give reading & modify rights to the children/project folders, you must have reading rights to the Parent/Project Explorer folder or else you are unable to use the Revit Addin. You don't have to do this when you are only using Vault itself, but when you want to Save to Vault via the Revit addin, the addin adds Inaccesable instead of the parent folder to the path and throws an error.

Naamloos-2.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report