Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 indexing service causing stability isssues

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
989 Views, 10 Replies

Vault 2014 indexing service causing stability isssues

Hi,

Has anyone ever experienced stability issues after enabling the indexing service? When we turn it on, we get a whole series of errors in Windows event viewer.  The only way we can get users to log in again is to restart the server... But if indexing is off, there is no issue whatsoever.

But we need the indexing to be on, it is a very important feature to us. 

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

When I enabled the indexing service on my 2013 vault it complately crippled my vault. Disableing it made it useable again but now the SQL exe is out of controller. Using more and more ram everyday. Right now it sits at 14.5gb. After opening a autodesk support case they said they want us to send them a copy of our database but I can't do that.

I would keep a eye on how much memory your server is using. My server use to use 1.2 -2gb max . now sql alone uses 7.5gb. They told me that 2014 would make the indexing service useable but doesn't seem like a lot of people have good luck with it.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks, we will keep an eye on ram I'm using 2014 but still have this issue. Adsk support is basically telling me they can't reproduce and want a vm copy of my environment. I will send it shortly but in the meantime, i was able to reproduce the issue on 3 different installs!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Mariepl,

So I got around to testing vault 2014. Did a few installs of Autodesk vault 2014 pro Sub release 1 and the indexing service completely breaks my vault as well. Did autodesk ever get around to resolving your problem?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I had to create a VM copy of my Vault and send it to Autodesk.  They received it 2 weeks ago - now they need to test it!

Message 6 of 11
kkerekes

Enabling Content Indexing causes our 2014 installation to crash every half hour or so. Totally useless. Any results from Autodesk Support?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

This is what content indexing did to my server. Took a bit to figure it out. I have two support cases open with Autodesk now.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Thin-Client-service-unavailable-Subscription-Release-201...

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Mariepl,

Just wondering but does your AutodeskDMPool in the ISS Manager stop when you enabled content indexing. Thats what mine has been doing but if i disable content indexing then it doesn't crash / stop the IIS Pool.

Check out this link.

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2013/08/error-when-starting-administration-in-a...

If you look back at the forum post i linked you before you can see more details on my findings.

Not sure if this will helps. Just trying to help a fellow Vault user out.

Cheers!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hi mdellunto

This was the first thing we tried (that was suggested by Autodesk Support) but it did not solve our problem...

Thanks anyways! If anythign else comes to you, feel free to share again!

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

We managed to fix our problem with the help of Autodesk support.

It turns out that splitting AutodeskFSPool and AutodeskDMPool into separate Application pools, while also increasing timeout values was the solution!

After turning on Indexing, it took a few hours for the worker process to go through all files in the Vault.  The CPU maxed out on FSPool, but the DMPool stayed very stable.  I was able to log in and out, check in and check out files while the process was working through the files.

When it eventually stopped because indexing was finished, I simply did an IISRESET to flush the memory because the worker process had increased the memory on the FSPool to 600 MB

Now it's been a few days with indexing on, and still no issues. 

Here's a screencast of the session with Autodesk support:  https://screencast.autodesk.com/Embed/Timeline/35a500e3-0b7a-4cc6-9c7f-b6d626f7d581

Hope it can help others!

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Hi mariepl,

Happy to hear you go it fixed!

I came to share the good news with you but it sounds like you found the same fix I did at the same time.

I didn't change the time out values but will keep a eye out for any errors.

By the way how did you get Autodesk to remote into your computer??? When I asked they basicly said it would be a waste of time and wouldn't get us anywhere. 😞

He is my post with my fix if your wondering how i went about it. Cool video BTW!!!

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Thin-Client-service-unavailable-Subscription-Release-201...

Cheers!

Hope this helps someone else down the road.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report