Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 Basic Port 80

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
HCControls
564 Views, 5 Replies

Vault 2014 Basic Port 80

Hi,

I am trying to install the Inventor content libraries, which requires the Vault client.

The Vault 2014 Basic uses port 80 for its connection. My ISP blocks port 80.

The installation fails due to it not being able to find the test file.

I have looked into the vault configuration, where there is an option to change the port number. Unfortunatly this is grayed out and only available on a server installation (mine is a single desktop).

Without being able to change the port number that the installation uses I can't install the vault client, can't install the content and therefore Inventor is rendered almost useless to me.

Is there a workaround to change the port number that the vault 2014 basic uses?

Or is there another way to get the content installed?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Neil_Cross
in reply to: HCControls

If you're not using Vault at all, and have no requirement for the SQL hosted content libraries then I'd suggest going with the Inventor Desktop Content Libraries.  They're .idcl files and are usually installed locally on your PC, they don't require IIS or any kind of port access.  And they're installed from the Inventor/Product Design Suite installer, there's a ticky box option for them when you pick the programs you want to install.  

Once you've got them installed, you tell Inventor to use the Desktop Content in its application options.  

Message 3 of 6
HCControls
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply.

I've got the Inventor Desktop Content Libraries installed, showing as idcl files (e.g AI2014_Inventor ISO.idcl) and have the options set to use the Desktop Content.

I have an assembly which uses M6-12.ipt from the subfolder: en-US\BS 4168 _ Part 1  Hexagon Socket Head Cap Screw  - Metric\

This is not found when opening the assembly and as the content files are not 'expanded', the system does not find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 4 of 6
Neil_Cross

Hi Chris,

Probably best explain how this works, as this is now a different problem.

The IDCL file does not contain IPT files, it doesn't get expanded, it's just essentially a big table of numbers.  

When you select 'place from content centre' in Inventor, then you pick the Hexagon Socket Head Cap Screw M6-12 from the dialog box, Inventor spawns a new file and models it up from the table of numbers in the IDCL, it then creates M6-12.ipt.  This ipt file has no links or dependancy back to the IDCL file, you just save it in a folder and it's as good as the same as any other Inventor file now.  

By default when the new IPT is saved, it gets saved into a folder usually called 'Content Center Files' and then into a sub-folder exactly like you described, the folder name is based on the type of part it is.  It's worth repeating that this folder called 'Content Center Files' is not the Content Center, it's a collection of files spawned from the IDCL libraries.  Autodesk possibly could have named that folder differently to avoid this confusion, but that's what it is.

So if Inventor can't find the file, that means it isn't in the above folder... it isn't looking at the IDCL file now.  The Content Center Files folder is named in your IPJ file under folder options, browse to that folder and see where its looking for.  Failing that, if it can't find it, they're standard parts so just go back to the 'Place from Content Centre' option in Inventor and make another screw... they're all the same provided you choose the same size.

Does that help?

Message 5 of 6
HCControls
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Hi Neil,

Excellent, that's the issue. I just needed to re-create the part.

Thank you very much for the time spent and your explanations, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 6 of 6
Neil_Cross

No problem.  It isn't normal to have to recreate the part so something has gone wrong somewhere, or someone has deleted the original one.  That Content Center Files folder eventually becomes a big library of bolts, screws, washers etc and when you open an assembly it looks for the files in there.

Smiley Very Happy Glad it's working now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report