Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 Server on Win8, Clients on Win7?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CelticDesignServices
416 Views, 5 Replies

Vault 2013 Server on Win8, Clients on Win7?

I've seen posts here dealing with the Vault 2013 Client having issues on a Windows 8 machine, but what about having Vault 2013 Server installed on a Server running Windows 8 while the client workstations are running Windows 7?

I have a client running this setup as we speak and they are looking to finally install and use Vault for their 2013 licenses.

Would they be better waiting the few weeks until 2014 is released and installing that?

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I would recommend that he install Vault 2013 service pack 1 to help with some issues however Vault 2013 is not supported on Windows 8.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 6

Irvin, Thanks, but they are not running Vault as of yet. They want/need to but they just installed a new server based on Win8. All the client machines, or what will be client machines are still running Win7. I've informed them of the issue and they are simply going to wait until 2014 is released in the next few weeks and install that. I'm assuming Inventor 2013 will work with Vault 2014? That may have to be the case as they will want to make sure and test Inventor 2014 prior to going live.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 4 of 6

Nope, just installed 2014, server is not supported on win 8. I'm very, very sad ...

Message 5 of 6
ihayesjr
in reply to: johan

johan,

Vault Basic Server is supported on Windows 8.  Can you tell me what media you are installing this from?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 6 of 6
BL4849
in reply to: ihayesjr

We are trying to install Vault Basic Server 2013 on a win8.1 PC but the installation fails after the checks.

It fails on the Operating System and the Port 80 not open.

The installation media is the original Pen drive for Product Design Suite Premium 2013.

What can we do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report