Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 BDC Model

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
vchegwidden
1088 Views, 11 Replies

Vault 2013 BDC Model

Hi, I'm trying to setup Vault 2013 integration for SharePoint 2010 using this guide from the autodesk wiki. I've used the deplotAll batch files and I can see the the solution and features have been added to the farm correctly.

When I try to set the access permissions there is no autodesk vault model available under my BDC service application's external content types. When is the model created and is there a way to generate the model manually?

I've tried connecting to the vault server on the _layouts/Autodesk.Vault.BCSConnect/VaultSettings.aspx page but I get a message saying that EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_putObject' in my SharePoint config DB.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Redmond.D
in reply to: vchegwidden

This issue has been seen before, and I'm looking into the issue.  Can you give me more information on your environment?  What OS are you using?  What is the version number for SharePoint?  Are you using SharePoint standard or enterprise?

In the meatime, here is a workaround:

Rename the .wsp file to .cab.  This will allow you to navigate into the file just like with a .zip.

Inside the .cab file, you should be able to find a file called AutodeskVaultModel.bdcm.  Copy this out of the .cab file and rename the .cab back to .wsp.

Go back to the BCS service in Central Admin.  Check the External Systems view and remove AdskVaultLobSystem if it's there.  Run the Import command point it to the AutodeskVaultModel.bdcm file. 

After that, you should be able to progress to the next step.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 12
vchegwidden
in reply to: Redmond.D

Thanks that seems to have done the trick. BDC model imported successfully .

We're running the enterprise version with a 3-server setup. All on Windows server 2008 R2. Sharepoint version is 14.0.6029.1000 (SP1 and Hotfix KB2597014 has been installed)

Message 4 of 12
Redmond.D

Thanks for the info.  Did the rest of the setup proceed as normal after you imported the BDC model?

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
vchegwidden

Hi.

I continued with the installation but when I get to the step to configure the vault login I get the following error: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_putObject', database 'SharePoint_Config_DB', schema 'dbo'.  

I''ve given the user (farm admin account) full permissions on that object and on all the tables used in the procedure but I still get the error.

Message 6 of 12
Redmond.D

What about SharePoint's application pool.  Does that user have permission to execute proc_putObject?

The Vault settings page runs at the site level, not at the farm level.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
vchegwidden

I gave the App pool user permissions on the procedure and associated tables. Still no luck. I'm also logged into SharePoint as the App pool user

Message 8 of 12
Redmond.D

Some more things to try:

• Recycle the app pools
  • Log in to SQL Server as the app pool user to verify that the user has the proper permission on proc_putObject

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
psaarloos

Hi,

I got the same 'putObject' error yesterday as well. I solved it by performing these steps:

Normally you would add a user to the Site Collection administrators by browsing to this address:

http://localhost/_layouts/mngsiteadmin.aspx

Instead of adding SharePoint admin account here, you need to go to the Management Site Admin page of the Central Admin webapplication to add this user to the Site Collection. It mainly has to do with having the proper security rights in the SQL database(s). You can only get here by changing the URL manually, because there isn't an hyperlink in the Central Admin application. So, goto this site:

http://localhost:1024/_layouts/mngsiteadmin.aspx

Add the SharePoint administrator account here (you might also want to add the local administrator account of the server).

After this you can access to VaultSettings page by using this link:

http://localhost:1024/_layouts/Autodesk.Vault.BCSConnect/VaultSettings.aspx

Now you should be able to save the settings.

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
Message 10 of 12

I have the same error. The fix of manually importing the AutoDeskVaultModel.bdcm did not do the trick.

Windows Server 2008 R2

SharePoint 2010 Server

SQL Server hosting the databses on another Windows 2008 Server.

We've built the SharePoint site with multiple user account for different services and application pools as recommended by Microsoft.

I assume then that the Vault Integration peice works well when the Application Pool service account for SharePoint is an Administrator account. So using the error messages from Vault itself, here is how I have progressed past the error:

1. Grant the Application Pool account running the SharePoint Web App you are currently configuring "EXECUTE" permissions on the SharePoint_Config database (By default is read-only)
  2. Grant that same account Modify (Read/Write) NTFS permissions to the following folder: C:\ProgramData\SharePoint\Config

Hope this helps,

-Jonathan

Message 11 of 12

Thanks Jonathan. That seems to have done the trick. Didn't realize that the App pool user was running the procedures.

There is just one more issue now. I've managed to connect to the Vault and created a list as described in the documentation. The problem is that only one drawing gets retreived (we have a few drawings in the vault). Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Message 12 of 12

Thanks Jonathan,

I had the same problem and you gave me the solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report