Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 Basic Remote Access

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
truscher
390 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2013 Basic Remote Access

I have a vault basic installation consisting of vault server 2014 basic and 6 user inventor pro 2013 design group. I have been unable to connect to our vault server with either the inventor built in client no the standalone client from outside of our LAN. As far as I can tell, all the networking is properly configured, (FQDN, Port Forwarding, Firewall, etc.)but still no dice. Is this not possible with vault basic? I have searched high and low and cannot seem to confirm this. I realize that vault over the WAN is not a great solution for everyday use, but are use case is limited to access during client visits and the like. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: truscher

Yes it is possible.  You may need to verify your NAT settings in your router.

You should also try opening a web browser and type in http://FQDN and see if the default web site in IIS opens.  If that fails, that is why you cannot access Vault.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 4
truscher
in reply to: ihayesjr

The server (windows server essentials 2012) is configured to allow the OS remote access on port 80. Vault server is configured to listen on port 8080. I can reach the remote access site without issue, but when I try to connect with the vault client I get the error that says "could not find the data management services". NAT is enabled, but that is only setting available. The ADMS site bindings are set by port number only.

Message 4 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: truscher

Do you have your router set to allow port 8080 and route it to the same server?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report