Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 and .NET 4.5.1

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1493 Views, 8 Replies

Vault 2013 and .NET 4.5.1

Microsoft recently pushed out a windows update to add .NET Framework 4.5.1. This is causing issues with our Vault Pro 2013 clients (on Win7) not being able to see files. We have Update 1 installed. Anybody else having problems?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

There was an update that addressed this, since you have Update 1... I can only guess it was 2 or 3.  I suggest getting up to date on these and see if that fixes the problem.  I've read that this was covered in one of them.  If that still doens't fix it, I would recommend logging a service ticket.

Message 3 of 9
vivmishra

Hi,

If you can still repro this to be an upgrade problem with .NET 4.5.1, from say .NET 4 or 4.5, then please send the details about the issue to "netfx45compat" and we can help investigate.

Of course, you should verify if this is not a problem with the app first (i.e. missing updates).

Can you also let us know from what version of .NET did you upgrade from?

Thanks,
Vivek Mishra - MSFT

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

The .NET 4.5 issue is supposed to be fixed in 2013 SP1. We have Update 1 installed. So in theory this should have been fixed.

We have a workaround right now where we uninstall 4.5.1 and then reinstall 4.0. This fixes the problem.

Message 5 of 9
vivmishra

Thanks Gary.

Since, I am from the Microsoft .NET Framework team, I was more interested in the break after the upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5.1.

If it is not too inconvenient, it will be great if you can send some more details (like crash dump, system event log entry, functional scenario broken) on the issue to netfx45compat @ Microsoft com.

Note that .NET Framework 4.5.1 (KB2858725) has been deployed to Windows Update so over time this will start replacing .NET 4 on end customer machines, unless you choose to specifically block it.

Thanks,

Vivek Mishra - MSFT

Message 6 of 9
robb

I found re-installing the Vault service pack after the .NET 4.5.1 update seemed to fix the problem.

Message 7 of 9
vivmishra
in reply to: robb

Thanks for confirming.

So, the only interesting question, which I think Autodesk support can help with -- why was there a need to reapply SP1 after 4.5.1?
The install order should not have mattered in this case.

Thanks,
Vivek Mishra - MSFT
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: vivmishra

Vivek, If I were you, I'd get in touch with Autodesk and try to figure out why this is happening. I haven't seen a crash, just the symptoms of not being able to see files in the Vault Pro 2013 client software. Thank you for posting on this forum.
Message 9 of 9
zhangjiao0628

Hi Gary,

Do you mind sharing the following information:

1. The version number of your vault pro 2013

2. Is there any Service Packages patched to your Win7 OS?

3. Was there any error message popping up when you launch the vault immediately after .NET was upgraded to .NET4.5.1?

These information would be greatly useful.

Thanks,

Jiao

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report