Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 to Vault 2013 client upgrade question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jweiss1313
449 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2012 to Vault 2013 client upgrade question

I'm preparing to upgrade from Vault Professional 2012 to 2013.  Should I require my Vault users to check in all files checked out under Vault Pro 2012 prior to installing the Vault Pro 2013 client on their computers?

I thought I read this somewhere, but not sure where.  I did not do this when we upgraded from Vault Pro 2011 to 2012, but I want to know if it should be done.

Any expert help here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi John,

Ideally all working data should be checked in for a complete back up before migrating the server - this is perhaps not essential but best practice.

Note that users are actually able to log into this new 2013 server with their 2012 clients so they can work in their old CAD systems and Vault until you are able to upgrade them.

Once again when it comes time to install Vault 2013 clients on each users desktop it is not really essential to check in files but best practice - we do not delete any user data during the uninstall/install but if something went wrong on the PC corrupting registry or the like resulting in machine re imaging etc you could possibly lose some data the user had not checked in prior to the upgrade.  Not a great likelihood of issues but worth considering.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
jweiss1313
in reply to: olearya

Thanks for the advice Alan!
John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report