Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 slow ...... Waiting for grid to display

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
karthur1
2496 Views, 42 Replies

Vault 2012 slow ...... Waiting for grid to display

Browsing in Vault 2012 is much slower for me than it was in Vault 2011.  When I click on  a folder, it takes several seconds for the information to come up.  In Vault 2011, it was almost instant.  I'm not talking about large folders with thousands of files in them.  Most of them have only a couple hundred files in the folder.  It is just frustrating having to wait.

I have also saved a search folder to find checked-out files.  It takes it about 10-15 seconds to show the search results.

This installation is using a local vault, so it has nothing to do with the network speed.  Running windows 7x64 and the SQL Express that is installed with ADMS.

Is it just me... or is this what I'm going to have to live with in Vault 2012?

42 REPLIES 42
Message 41 of 43
brstleon
in reply to: rzara

Hello,

Do not (automatically) install the following Windows update: KB2741355

Afther it has been installed you will have big problems with the Vault 2012.

Uninstalling this update is not a solution.

The beste solution is to get back to a recovery point before this update has been installed.

Possible mid september 2012. 

Otherwhise reinstall windows and update windows without the mentioned update.

Don't install automatically updates !! Take care the mentioned update would not be installed (again).

Kind regards,

L.K.

Breston bv

www.breston.eu

www.transportband.eu transportbanden / conveyors

Message 42 of 43
henrik.andersen
in reply to: karthur1

Just to close this thread I want to tell you the end of the storie. I tried the database in 2013 and got the same result. 2 minutes for the grid to display but when we upgraded to 2014 it took 6 seconds

Henrik Andersen

Cadcraft

+46 701 91 03 22

Message 43 of 43
karthur1
in reply to: henrik.andersen

Congrats.  I am also using ADMS 2014 and Vault Client 2014.  Very pleased with the speend here as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report