Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 Server Installation Problem - Changing settings for 32bit OS???

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lamary3
545 Views, 6 Replies

Vault 2012 Server Installation Problem - Changing settings for 32bit OS???

I have been trying to install Vault Server 2012 for the past week.  Installation was going fine with just one pre check error on the ASP file access.  As soon as this error came up, all IIS7 services stoped working.  Our remote web workplace went down, local site went down, etc.

Had our outside IT person look at it and he has fixed the IIS7 and terminal services, but has cautioned me against running installation again as he thinks the installer went in and changed the IIS7 settings as if it were a 32 bit installation, when our server is 64 bit.

Should i rerun the installation?  Did i miss something during the install?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ihayesjr
in reply to: lamary3

Your IT person is correct.  The web site that ADMS installs in must be set to 32 bit on a 64bit server.  During the installation you can configure the Vault to use a custom web site which should help resolve your problem.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 7
lamary3

Where do you change the website during the installation?

Message 4 of 7
lamary3

My IT guy is now thinking that we cannot install this on our current server since we have applications that need ASP .NET running in 64-bit.  Is this true?  What are the alternatives if i can't install this on my current server?

Message 5 of 7
Andy.Spivey

Lamary3,

Dependnig on your OS, the machine should be able to run both a 64 bit and 32 bit application pool at the same time.

What OS and service pack is installed?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 6 of 7
lamary3
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Windows SBS 2008 SP2

Message 7 of 7
Andy.Spivey

Please email me at my.name at Autodesk dot com and I may be able to help.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report