Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 Professional Batch Get?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
S-K_TechPubs
238 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2012 Professional Batch Get?

Greetings,

I'm not a contributor/editor to our vault. I dont' update file status or do any check in/check out. I'm a tech writer who gets drawings so I can PDF them and add them to our service and parts manuals.

A given manual can range from 75 to over 200 drawings, so I currently use wildcards in my searches and then use Ctrl+Click to select multiple drawings and then right-click and Get to retrieve them.

It still takes a heck of a bit of time to do this.

Is there a way to give Autodesk a file (txt, spreadsheet, whatever) and have it retrieve the drawings listed in the file?

One of my first steps for the manuals is to copy the bill of material information into one file so I can print it and check off each drawing as I retrieve it, so I've already got the information together in one place. I just don't know if the Vault can retrieve files in batches.

Any ideas?

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I am unsure what would be in the text file or how the text files would be created.  But, I think you should be able to have a separate program using the Vault API to pull out the files that you need.  Currently within the Vault itself, there is no functionality to do this.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 3

Thanks, that's what it was looking like. API, huh? A bit more programming than I know. Well, at least the search function allows me to wildcard!

Shane

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report