Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 - Files uploaded by Admin not viewable or searchable by other users

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
msartin
447 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2012 - Files uploaded by Admin not viewable or searchable by other users

Logged in as admin I have uploaded some library files derived from content center into our library (and default to standard category).  I can only see the files in vault or have search results returned when logged in as admin.  When logged in as a regular user, I try to copy design and recieve an error stating I don't have access to some files and it fails.  I am wondering how I can make these files available to all users without having to remove them from the vault and re-upload by a regular user.  I am wondering why and how this happens!?

I checked with another user and confirmed that if Admin privileges are removed, we are no longer able to see the files in vault.  I have also tried to change the category and it seems it has nothing to do with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: msartin

Hi,

Can you please let us know the Roles assigned to those Users? I can try the same scenario with that roles and let you know the result.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 3
msartin
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

I was able to solve this issue.  This is what I found

1. When CAD files were uploaded by Admin, they automatically had an individual file security placed on them that restricted access to only the admin/admin group.  The other two users had admin access from training (one was apart of admin group the other was a Doc Control Lvl 2 and was individually assigned admin roll) and I was the only one without admin access.

2. To solve this issue you can either remove securities or add all responsible parties.  I choes to removed all the individual file securities and now we all have "access" to those files.  I am now able to packngo and search without problems.

Lesson Learned: Us non admin rolls to upload data you want all people to have access too.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report