Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 client error (Vault 2013 server)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BSchubring
1090 Views, 6 Replies

Vault 2012 client error (Vault 2013 server)

We have a few Vault 2012 Pro clients that are acting up after we upgraded to Vault Server 2013 Pro. The users having this issue are not able to check in any files right now.

These users are getting the following error: "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invovation." (see image)Vault Error.png

Strangely, it seems to be only happening to a group of people at a specific remote location on a different subnet.  (we haven't had time to troubleshoot extensively yet, i'm basing this guess off the fact that there are no complaints from our other remote location) Looking at the Server Logs in ADMS for clues, I see the following after many user logins, whichmay or may not be related. (usernames and specific numbers obscured, since I'm unsure what might be critical information in this message)

11/28/2012 9:55:34 AM Acquired license(#########) for username(DOMAIN\USER), userId(42), host(192.168.###.4).
11/28/2012 9:55:34 AM *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 634896933349225036 )
Exception: BadAuthenticationToken [300] 
Stacktrace: 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BSchubring
in reply to: BSchubring

Some additional information:

The problem seemed to be intermittent. I connected to the user's computer remotely, and tested it myself. It failed once on a CAD drawing, but succeeded on a word doc.  I forced a property update on one of the four cad files that would not check in, and tried Check-In again. all four drawings succeeded to check in from AutoCAD.

Message 3 of 7
BSchubring

Any ideas on where to start with this? I have some very frustrated users, and not a lot of leads on the meaning of this error. The problem is recurring.

Message 4 of 7
BSchubring

Further, possibly relevant details. I am finding constant errors under IIS. Multiple 'Warning, Event 5011, Source WAS" notifications that contain data like the following:

A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service. The process id was '6344'. The data field contains the error number.

This is followed up by an Error, Event 5002, Source WAS

Application pool 'DefaultAppPool' is being automatically disabled due to a series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.

The DefaultAppPool appears to be running however.  We did just suffer a Vault Server outage, clients could not connect at all, though the server seemed to think everything was OK. (license server and ADMS were both up) A reboot restored connectivity. I could really use some guidance in finding the root cause(s) here.

Message 5 of 7
BSchubring

Upgraded two clients to 2013 AutoCAD/Vault client. Problem returned. The checkout/check in of a small blank drawing to make this error goa way temporarily seems to work still.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I see multiple threads on this, but no fixes.

Message 6 of 7
r.smith1

Taking issue private for now.  Will respond with resolution once complete. 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 7
r.smith1
in reply to: r.smith1

It's been noted with some customers that applying Vault 2013 SP1 and Update 2 for vault 2012 resolves these errors.  For this issue specifically however, we're still investigating the issue. 

Please download and install the latest update and service packs if you are experiencing this issue. 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report