Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2012 browser error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Siran_inventor
316 Views, 4 Replies

Vault 2012 browser error

I have an inventor .dwg drawing which has no link to any other files.
The model tree of the same file looks fine.

But when I switch to the vault browser in Autodesk inventor, an image file shows up which is not in appropriate location.

It doesnt let me to upload the file to the vault or break the link between the image & the drawing file.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You can refer the following blog post for the solution.

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2010/03/how-to-remove-unwanted-ole-links-in-an-inv...

You can also refer the following discussion

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Need-to-delete-a-third-party-image-file-link/td-p/34979...

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the prompt reply Senthil !

I've tried the VBA macro and it didnt find any OLE reference.

Please check the attached picture.

It says the drawing file has reference to the image which is kept at an inappropriate location.

Even if I bring the respective image file to the local vault working folder, the software doesnt recosnize it and goes back to the inappropriate location.

I wanna delete the image file shown in the vault browser which would let me upload the draind to the vault.

Message 4 of 5

You have to Open the Drawing Template file and check the image location and ensure the location is in the Inventor working folder or the search path.

If you still see the issue please send me the files (including the Drawing template and Image files) at senthilDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Senthil.

I got it fixed.

The template was an AutoCAD block and it had XREF image.

I detach it by opening the drawing in AutoCAD and again checked in through Inventor.

It works !!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report