Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vault 2012 backup

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
tgrimwood
3110 Views, 27 Replies

vault 2012 backup

Hi All,

I have just installed inventor 2012 it works great, installed Vault that was ok as well.

now when I started to look at our backup plan, things started to go wrong problem as follows.

I can back up the vault manually to my C: drive but when I try and create a scheduled backup through the vaults new schedule tool, it come back with unable to create full backup task.

The other problem is I can’t even back up manually to the network only the local dir

any help would be great i'm pulling my hair out

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
JoseLuisCam
in reply to: tgrimwood

Andy,

this is the content of BAT file:

Spoiler

date /t & time /t

ECHO.

ECHO Backup start

"C:\Archivos de programa (x86)\Autodesk\ADMS 2012\ADMS Console\Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe" -Obackup -BG:\Backup_Vault\ -VUAdministrator -VP****** -VAL -LG:\Backup_Vault\Log_ADMS_Backup.txt
    ECHO.

date /t & time /t

(I have modified the password by ******)

I think the result of back-up is ok.

The problem creating scheduled task persists and we have opened a ticket directly with Autodesk about this problem.

Regards,

Jose.

Message 22 of 28
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: JoseLuisCam

Jose,

You could try adding the -S

date /t & time /t

ECHO.

ECHO Backup start

"C:\Archivos de programa (x86)\Autodesk\ADMS 2012\ADMS Console\Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe" -Obackup -BG:\Backup_Vault\ -VUAdministrator -VP****** -VAL -LG:\Backup_Vault\Log_ADMS_Backup.txt -S
    ECHO.

date /t & time /t

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 23 of 28
JoseLuisCam

Andy,

the log file is now ok, thanks!

Now only we have problems with creating scheduled tasks by ADMS Console. It isn't critical but I don't know what's the problem.

Regards,

Jose.

Message 24 of 28
Andy.Spivey

Jose,

Just create the scheduled task inside of Windows Task Scheduler.   That is what the ADMS backup wizard does as well.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 25 of 28
JoseLuisCam
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Andy,

of course, that's what we've always done with previous versions. As I mentioned, is not a problem. Rather, we are curious to discover the cause. I will continue investigating.

Thanks and regards,

Jose.

Message 26 of 28
Andy.Spivey

It may be something related to the local account you are logging into the OS as - or perhalps the UAC as well.  We have seen those cause issues in the past with permissions.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 27 of 28
JoseLuisCam
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Dear Andy,

I have a response from our technician (F. T.) assigned from Autodesk via our partner. He tells us it is a mistake of some versions of Windows. He tells us we must wait for an update or fix from Microsoft.

Regards,

Jose.

Message 28 of 28
JoseLuisCam

I fixed the problem.

The problem was that when you install SQL Server and Vault subsequently changed the name of the Windows machine.

Steps to fix:
- Show the server name:
SELECT @@SERVERNAME
- Remove the old name:
sp_dropserver 'old_name'
- Add the new name:
sp_addserver 'new_name', 'local'

Change the references on tables of records on Vault database, change the old name by the new name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report