Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2011 search returning wrong files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
185 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2011 search returning wrong files

Hello (and sorry for all the questions!),

When running a search within Vault 2011 Collaboration with "Search file content" enabled, it is returning files that do not have the search text within the drawing.  i.e. a search for "01gt008" returns some DWG files that do not list "01gt008" anywhere on the drawing.  We've tried searching within Autocad through all the blocks, attributes, xrefs etc but it is not anywhere.  I tried a seach re-index but this did not fix it.  Any ideas?

Thankyou Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi There,

More than likely the issue you are experiencing here relates to search tokens - see this article from the help wiki to better understand the issue:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/2012/Help/02._Working_with_Vault/01._Vault_Client/1149Underst...

In short though your search will be looking for "01" + "gt" + "008"

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: olearya

Thanks Allan that explains what I'm seeing.  How can we have searches for just "01gt008" as a whole string return in the web client?  I looked at the booleans in this article:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/2012/Help/02._Working_with_Vault/01._Vault_Client/1149Underst... 

The "commas" only seem to work in the advanced find tab in the Vault thick client?  Can this be enabled for the Webclient or are there plans to allow this functionality?

I understand the tokens were setup for performance reasons but this really reduces the search capability.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report