Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2011 Pro Job Queue returning errors:

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
BSchubring
895 Views, 10 Replies

Vault 2011 Pro Job Queue returning errors:

"Attempted to read or write protected memory" and "File open failed."

Our Job server is a virtual machine running on the Vault server (which is a Windows Server 2008 R2 that has plenty of resources to handle both jobs). In the VM, AutoCAD Architecture 2011 opens without issue, and open the files that the job server is unable to process. Any idea on what causes this?  (Using VMWare Player, Windows 7 64 bit professional install inside the VM)

I reveived this error one while messing with the Job Server window (see attached)

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: BSchubring

Based on the attached image, I am wondering if you physical or VMware machine is out of space.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 11
BSchubring
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

the VM has only a single drive associated with it, on which everything is installed. (C:\) The drive is at 161 out of 249GB. Space should not be an issue as far as I can tell.

Message 4 of 11
JamesMcMullen

How much space is free on the host?

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 5 of 11
BSchubring

The VM is stored in VMware Player's default location- C:\Users\%user%\Documents\Virtual Machines\VM_Name, and C:\ is at 99 GB Free out of 250GB. 😕  I agree with the appearance that the drive is full from the error, however it doesn't seem to be the case.

I just did a full reboot of the host and the VM.  The Job queue is now processing and completing jobs. (just watched it chew through 6 previously failed drawings) As a data point, the host is fine on resources (RAM/CPU/Disk activity), the VM is 100% CPU, and fine on the other resources.  I wonder if sometimes the job server crashes on the back end without ever displaying a proper error.  I'll keep an eye on it, thanks for the responses; I appreciate your help any advice you might have based on this information!

Message 6 of 11
JamesMcMullen

Please let us know what you find.  I would hope that if the Job Processor is crashing that we would have a better error / warning for you. 

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 7 of 11
BSchubring

Hm, it got through a few drawings but when I returned to check on it, the Queue had returned the same errors for the rest of the drawings. I resubmitted the queue, and when I checked on it again, I see two drawing had errors, and the rest are Pending.  

Checking on the server, I see the following error:

Fatal Error

DBX CAS 4

Hitting OK dismisses the diaglog box, moves to the next job, and the box pops back up. The queue reports the following for each drawing:

Results: File open Failed.

(the results field is blank on some)

Message 8 of 11
JamesMcMullen

I did a quick google search on DBX CAS 4.  It potentially has something to do with AutoCAD.  What version of AutoCAD do you have and is it up to the latest service pack level? 

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 9 of 11
BSchubring

AutoCAD Architecture 2011 English version 3.

I'll assume v1 is base install, v2 is sp1, v3 is sp2?  Both patches are in in the directory with the install files on our server, so I assume that I used both when I installed it.  Looking at the hotfixes page, I don't see anything else in there that looks like it's related.

Looking at installed updates on the Job Server, I see Mechanical at Version 3, Inventor at SP2, Vault client at SP2, and 3DS Max at SP2. (all 2011 products)

Message 10 of 11
jddrinkwater

Any conclusion to this issue?  

Today my job processor went haywire and threw the same errors (standalone computer, Vault pro 2012).  I didn't notice until this evening and in the meantime more than 100 0jobs have piled up the the queue, so i can't tell if it's back to normal or not after restarting.

Thanks,

John

Message 11 of 11
BSchubring

For me, i believe it was due to the job server running in a VMware virtual machine. The virtualized video card was (?) Causing Autocad to fail to process jobs. That's my best guess anyways, i have not been able to secure a separate job server machine to complete my testing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report