Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2011 Performance Lags - Slow

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bcamilly
400 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2011 Performance Lags - Slow

I'm having issues with Vault basic 2011. A couple days ago, it has started being slow to respond.

Its affecting Inventor performance as well causing it to take forever to do basic commands. Right-click menu is slow to show up, editing dimensions in a part lags, etc..

We have vault setup on a separate server with SQL 2008 Express as the back end. Server is a Dell 2900 Dual-Dual 2.0Ghz Xeon (4 cores)

I can watch the sqlservr.exe process spike to 100% of one core when I notice the lag happening. Memory usage for the same process is at 1.2GB.

The sql-agent for the vault is not running (I don't know if it is supposed to be)

I have created and run the sql maintenance plan as detailed in the advanced config guide.

Any ideas what is happening?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: bcamilly

If Service Pack 2 or 3 is installed on SQL Server 2008, you will get problems similar to what you describe. ADMS-server runs a query that takes forever to run on anything newer than SP1.

Message 3 of 4
minkd
in reply to: Anonymous

Vault needs the SQL Server Agent for workgroup replication - which isn't available in base Vault or with SQL Express anyway.  You probably don't need to have it running.

As far as things slowing down - are you regularly running a maintenance plan?

See http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0098-Autodesk98/0020-Perform_0

In particular look in the section "SQL Maintenance Plans" and below that the section on creating a maintenance script for SQL Express.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
bcamilly
in reply to: bcamilly

It was SP3 causing the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled with Vault installed, which re-installed SP1. Installed update 1 & 2, everything is good now.

I was un-aware of the maintenance plan, but i'll start running that regularly now too.

I'm back at SQL 2008 Express 10.0.2531.0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report