Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2011 over VPN, help req!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
brian
1160 Views, 6 Replies

Vault 2011 over VPN, help req!

Hi Guys,

I know from reading posts Vault over VPN is not reccomended, but I am in a remote office and really need to do this ASAP just to get a few parts in/out. I can suffer a little speed issues but something is just not working at all and I thought someone on here might know what we doing wrong.

I am at a remote office which has a VPN into our Vault server. On my laptop I can ping the Vault server ip address and server name and both ping back fine.

I can start the Vault 2011 client and select the database and log in no problem.

I can browse the Vault int he client and browse folders no problem.

The moment I go to RMB and "get/check out" the Vault client locks ups and just sits there, I have tried doing this on the project file as it is only 4kb and left it sitting there for over 30mins and its just plain locked up..... I have to end task to get out.

I really need to get some files.... Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.....

Thanks

Brian

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
paul.gunn
in reply to: brian

Hi Brian,

That is pretty strange. When you click get/checkout, do you at least see the dialog? Or is it stalling even before the dialog? If past the dialog, are you seeing the progress bar at all?

I'm on a VPN currently and was able successfully download some files from a 2011 server at the home office - so doing this is certainly possible. Is it possible that your IT is doing some sort of traffic filtering on VPN activity? Offhand I can't think why some classes of operations would be succeeding and some failing.

Paul  

Message 3 of 7
brian
in reply to: paul.gunn

Hi paul,

No it does not even get to the dialog. Every single other thing seems to work but the "get/check" feature.... bummer.

Message 4 of 7
BassEngineer

have you triied getting the file via Inventor? ("Open from vault...")

Message 5 of 7
brian
in reply to: BassEngineer

Doohhhh,

Mate your a lifesaver, dont ask me why but I can do an open from Vault and it "gets" the latest version to my worksapce as it should. Vault Explorer still locks up doing the "get" function.

I should have thought of this... 🙂

Thanks

Brian

Message 6 of 7
shelmore

Hi Brian,

It sounds like your issue is long solved, but it is possible that the dialog is appearing in Vault Explorer, but it's off your screen? Try Alt+Space - if a menu appears at the edge of the screen, click move and then use the arrow keys to guide the dialog back to your screen.

-Simon

Message 7 of 7
Rob.O

Haha... I know this is an old thread, but it just solved my problem!

I am connected via VPN and have been trying to add files through the Vault Explorer.  Vault seemed to hang and I had to end the program each time.

I did some searching and came across this post.  Sure enough my check in dialog was off the screen since I am not connected to dual montors right now!

Thanks for the tip! Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report