Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2010 Search for files "used" more than once?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
G_K__
544 Views, 4 Replies

Vault 2010 Search for files "used" more than once?

I need to set up a search within vault (2010) for all files (.ipt, .iam etc) that are used more than once (i.e. shown up in the "Where Used" tab as being used more than in their own drawing, or more than one other assembly.

I have tried to accomplish this in the advanced find function with no luck. can anyone please suggest a method.

The reason for this search is that I need to re-locate all parts and assemblies used in more than one design from the respective design folders and into the "library" area .

Thanks in advance for anyones comments/help.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
paul.gunn
in reply to: G_K__

Hi,

Search is based on the properies of a file [both intrinsic ones like file name and mapped ones from inside the file]. It doesn't support any way of looking at relationships between files.

The information you are looking for could be obtained via the vault API [programatically], but I cannot think of any out-of-the-box way to create such a report as you are looking for.

Paul

Message 3 of 5
G_K__

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought it might come back something like that.

I have VERY basic knowledge of VBA and even less of using API.

Does anyone have code for this operation, or point me in the right direction to learn (get started)?

Message 4 of 5
paul.gunn

Hi,

There is a subfolder in the server install for the 'sdk' - it has documentation on the API and also a number of samples.

Doug Redmond's blog is also a good resource for vault programming topics and samples: http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/

And if any specific questions come up, there is usually someone on this group who can answer.

Hope this is something to get you started,

Paul

Message 5 of 5
G_K__

Thanks a lot for those leads. I will follow them up and see what I can learn.

Thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report