Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanilla vault 2011 to Vault Professional 2011

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
BassEngineer
752 Views, 2 Replies

Vanilla vault 2011 to Vault Professional 2011

I have a good backup of Vanilla vault 2011 ...I tried to restore the data on my Vault Professional server.

After the backup starts, I get a message almost immediately saying "Restore failed because the backup has products that are not supported by the server".

Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Vanilla vault - Windows server 2003, SQL express 2005

Vault Professional - Windows server 2003, sql express 2005

Here is the log:

11/30/2010 3:08:22 PM Restore operation will delete current datasets and file stores. Would you like to restore now? Choosing 'No' will stop this operation.
11/30/2010 3:08:23 PM ==================================================================
11/30/2010 3:08:23 PM RESTORE PROGRESS: The server console is currently in the process of restoring a backup set. Please wait...
11/30/2010 3:08:23 PM ==================================================================
11/30/2010 3:08:24 PM Restore failed because the backup has products that are not supported by the server.
11/30/2010 3:08:24 PM Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.ServiceException: RestoringUnsupportedProducts [223]  ---> Connectivity.Core.Exceptions.CoreException: RestoringUnsupportedProducts [223]

Server stack trace:
   at Connectivity.Core.Operations.BackupSource..ctor(String backuppath)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.KnowledgeMasterService.RestoreWithBackup(String restorePath, String toFSLocation, String toDBDataLocation, String toDBLogLocation, OnProgressDelegate onProgress)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Core.Services.KnowledgeMasterService.RestoreWithBackup(String restorePath, String toFSLocation, String toDBDataLocation, String toDBLogLocation, OnProgressDelegate onProgress)
   at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.KnowledgeMasterService.RestoreWithBackup(String restorePath, String toFSLocation, String toDBDataLocation, String toDBLogLocation, String user, String pass, OnProgressDelegate onProgress)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.ProgressCommand.Execute()
   at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.BURWizardDataModel.a(TypeFullOrInc A_0, String A_1, LoginInfo A_2, String A_3, String A_4, String A_5)
   at Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.BURWizardDataModel.DoRestore(TypeFullOrInc type, String restorePath, LoginInfo dbLogin, String toFSLocation, String toDBDataLocation, String toDBLogLocation)

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jackywen
in reply to: BassEngineer

Hi,

Is it possible there are some service pack applied to the Vanilla vault but none forVault Professional? If that, you should apply the service pack for Vault Pro first and then restore the backup.

Regards,

Jacky 

Message 3 of 3
BassEngineer
in reply to: jackywen

jackywen - that was it!  I had vault update 1 on the vanilla vault, but not on vault prof.  The restore process is running as I post this.  Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report