Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Autodesk Vault fields in Word (or Office) document

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
920 Views, 1 Reply

Using Autodesk Vault fields in Word (or Office) document

Is it possible to insert into Word document some Vault properties? Such as "Item No", "Approved", Released", "item Revision" etc...

I want to insert into a word report, a user selected vault item's properties. Is this possible (with minimal pain)?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

In Word, use this button on the Insert tab of the ribbon.  This will let you select from preset properties, which can then be mapped in Vault.  There must be a way to create or add properties.... but I haven't found that yet.

Example, I added a property "Subject"... just placed it in a blank doc for testing.  Checked it in to Vault.  Then in Vault I checked the mapping for the property "Subject" and found that it was already mapped to Office Documents... if not you could easily add a mapping.  So on the file in Vault, I edited the Subject property and added some random text.  Checked the document back out, and the property on the DOC updated from Vault.  I believe these can be mapped to go both ways.

word.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report