Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USER PRIVILEGES FOR CHANGE ORDERS WORKFLOW DEFINITIONS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jeamy.baena
208 Views, 1 Reply

USER PRIVILEGES FOR CHANGE ORDERS WORKFLOW DEFINITIONS

Greetings, Experts

Recently, I found that a user can not select the workflow definition (standard or check state) according to customer requirements. The only way to change this is as a Administrator user. I tried with some roles combinations, but the result is the same.
I don't know why this restriction. With the customers, it is natural that there are processes in the same vault installation, that require use both workflow definitions and for security reasons, I can not give administrator privileges to a requestor user to do that. Please correct me If I am wrong.

Desired behaviour:
1. The Routings should be visible by several criteria: by Vault installation, by user or users group or by Vault. This allow to control the specific use of these routings by specific users.
2. All routings should be visible to the requestor users, independently of the default workflow definition configured. Currently you need an administrator user to change it or make another vault installation.

What is your experience with this issue?, opinions, ideas?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Neil_Cross
in reply to: jeamy.baena

I'm not 100% sure what the question is, selecting a workflow definition according to customer requirements? "Workflow Definition" isn't a product feature of ECOs that I recognise so I can only interpret that to mean the various states shown on the Status tab.

Either way, ECOs suffer from a severe flexibility allergy... in that they have no flexibility whatsoever, if you're trying to make ECOs work to suit a customers working practice then sorry but it's likely that whatever you're trying to do will not work out.  Vault users have to change the way they work to suit the provided ECO process, or pay a clever programmer a lot of money to write a program which can override certain restrictions and limitations.  

Sorry I couldn't fully understand your question, but if you're asking can the ECO process be altered or can it do all sorts of clever stuff beyond what you see in the Vault Client, then the chances are the answer is no!  

If you still need help though and can clarify your question a little further, please do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report