Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Trueview only for web clients

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
meck
335 Views, 2 Replies

Use Trueview only for web clients

Hi everyone,

Very new to Vault Pro 2013 so be gentle.

The vault is creating dwfx file for the drawing in the vault. This is being done during check in and using the job processor. The images are not real good and some of the text gets blurred. The web client people are complaining that they cannot read the files of dwfs and would rather open the files using Trueview only. Is there a way to have the web client only open files in trueview instead of the web window?

Thanks

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: meck

Some of the resolution issues may be due to your plot settings on the drawing file, and or the visualization creation settings in the Vault.

vizset.JPG

For example, I have my check in settings for Autocad Electrical set to use  Defaults for creating visualizations (I don't use JP, but that shouldn't matter).  Defaults tells it to use whatever I have set in the dialog box above.  I had my AcadE setting set to create an 11x17 dwf file.  This turned out to be too small and people could not read the terminal numbers on panel layouts.  I changed these settings to 24 x 36 and it greatly increased the resolution.

If you still prefer to have all dwg's open in True View, and/or all Inventor files open in Inventor View, set up Vault to NOT create visualizations.  Then in your Vault preview pane use the "Open" button.

Message 3 of 3
meck
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the reply!

I tried configuring the visualization file options like you said. I even tried setting the quality to max just to see what would happen. I tinkered with just about ever setting there and the dwf still looks the same no matter what I do. It will be a lot of work to go through and delete all of the dwf in the Vault at this point, but unless there is another suggestion that is what I will do.

Thanks again!

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report