Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Migrate before or after SP1?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
180 Views, 3 Replies

URGENT: Migrate before or after SP1?

We have just performed an upgrade of our ADMS from version 5 to 2008. At this point the installer is prompting us to open ADMS Console and migrate the databases. However, we haven't applied SP1 yet (or the hotfixes) so I don't know whether I should migrate the databases at this point (migrate at SP0) or delay the migration until SP1 is applied.

Thanks,

Steve
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Please migrate before...

this isn't a CAD migration - just the SQL databases. open the ADMS Console
and it will do the rest

then you can apply SP1.

--
Thanks,

Brian Roepke
Manager, Customer Success, Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Brian,

Thanks for your reply; however, one of the hotfixes appears to address an issue specific to database migration: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10215259&linkID=9242499

Therefore, i'm concerned that if I go ahead and migrate now; we may encounter the problem that would have been addressed by the hotfix.

In light of these; do you believe the best course of action is still to migrate the ADMS at SP0, meaning the following:

1 - Migrate ADMS at SP0
2 - Install ADMS SP1 and migrate
3 - Install Migration hotfix and migrate (might be redundant at this point)

Thanks,

Steve
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Steve,

As Brian stated, do the migration and then apply the service pack. The
hotfix is written to address a specific issue and if you do not receive
the error, then it isn't necessary.

/jason

steveing wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Thanks for your reply; however, one of the hotfixes appears to address an issue specific to database migration: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10215259&linkID=9242499
>
> Therefore, i'm concerned that if I go ahead and migrate now; we may encounter the problem that would have been addressed by the hotfix.
>
> In light of these; do you believe the best course of action is still to migrate the ADMS at SP0, meaning the following:
>
> 1 - Migrate ADMS at SP0
> 2 - Install ADMS SP1 and migrate
> 3 - Install Migration hotfix and migrate (might be redundant at this point)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report