Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Cannot assign item to an iam file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
postventa-msd
368 Views, 6 Replies

Urgent: Cannot assign item to an iam file

Dear Sirs,

I'm installing a regular ADMS2010 Manufacuring. When I try to assign item to an iam file, the ipt files are assigned, but not the iam.

Any sugestions please SOS????

I have tried with SERVER2003 x64 and x32.
Client Vistax64 and XPx64
SQL2005SP2 standard x64
SQL2005SP2 express x32

updated OS and ADMS2010

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
joyce_sheng
in reply to: postventa-msd

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Can you check the BOM structure of your iam file in Inventor? If that iam is Phantom, it won't be assigned item.

Regards,
Joyce

Joyce Sheng
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thankyou very much, it is really, but the iam file is one of the inventor samples and I have not change this property.

I have 2000 iam files like this configured, any idea to change this massivement.

Thanks a lot again.

Tomas Pascual
Message 4 of 7
joyce_sheng

Hi Tomas,

Can you tell me which sample file you referred?

Regards,
Joyce

Joyce Sheng
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Message 5 of 7

Hi Joyce,

I have tried with carb.iam and a new Vault and it runs well. Thanks.

With a new vault, all runs well, but I have a migrated Vault from PS2009 in which I have files with BOM normal structure and it does not run.

If I check-in this iam's (migrated from PS2009) in a new vault, runs well, the migrated vault has a mistake.

I have a lot of properties configured and is a hard work to reconfigure a new vault.

Any idea??

The first time I write for help I was testing Vault because I have the above problem. I was testing with a bad sample.

So, with migrated vault, I obtain an error that say "Cannot assign item" and ipt's are not assigned. If I take ipt's alone, ir runs.

In the Item Master are not Items.

Thanks Royce Edited by: postventa-msd@adp.es on Oct 15, 2009 6:03 AM
Message 6 of 7
joyce_sheng

Hi,

I've tried your workflow(migrate from 2009 to 2010) except setting properties, assign item works well. Could you please provide the detailed information of what property you set? You can also contact your reseller, they may track what happens here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joyce

Joyce Sheng
Senior QA of AutoCAD

Message 7 of 7

I have just download all files and upload in a new Vault.

It runs well again.

Sistem guy has told me that had tried to delete items from sql directly, may be it has affected the instalation.

Thanks very much for your help.

Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report