Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade path from Vault Standard to Vault Collaboration

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AlexFielder
422 Views, 3 Replies

Upgrade path from Vault Standard to Vault Collaboration

We currently have an old, unused Vault Standard 2012 Server that I'd like to test Vault Collaboration 2013 on.

Having downloaded the server & client install files for Vault Collaboration 2013 I got to wondering if there's an upgrade path that can take me from Vault Standard 2012 to Vault Collaboration 2013?

Perhaps there is no direct upgrade route between these different packages as there is between versions of Vault Standard/Vault Professional?

I'm also interested in how Vault Collaboration compares to Vault Professional - i.e. what can one do that the other can't? (We have a working Vault Professional set-up that we're currently using, but owing to licensing we will at some point need to move to Collaboration.)

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
paul.gunn
in reply to: AlexFielder

Hi,

You should have no problem with that upgrade path. Vault basic can be upgraded to any of the higher tiers - even if you are coming from a previous release.

Here is a reference chart comparing functionality in the different product tiers:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/compare/index?siteID=123112&id=17248464

Hope this helps,

Paul

Message 3 of 4
AlexFielder
in reply to: paul.gunn

Thanks for that link Paul,

Does Collaboration support the Vault API like Professional does?

And (the big question) is it possible to "upgrade" from Vault Professional 2012 to Vault Collaboration 2013?

Message 4 of 4
paul.gunn
in reply to: AlexFielder

Hi,

Vault collaboration has a subset of the Professional API (minus things like item service and change order service) - it is a supported API.

I'm unsure of the answer regarding moving from Vault Professional to Collaboration. This isn't a built-in upgrade path - however there may be tools available to do it. Hopefullly someone else more familar with this can chime in.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report