Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating a drawing in Vault

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sammc
223 Views, 1 Reply

updating a drawing in Vault

I designed parts and assemblies for a piece of furniture and saved all the compoents in vault along with an associated project file. I successfully re-copied the entire group and placed them into another brand new file folder. My hope is to not have to re-draw existing files but use them over and over, having them placed in their own project files so vault can keep them all separate. Then I can cause them to be specific things as need but they won't affect the previous parts and assemblies they were originally made from. I know vault can separate things out pretty well but when it comes to DWG files I dont see how to have them update into their NEW associated file names. So the only thing that doesn't update is the drawing files (DWG) where it seems to keep the original drawing but doesn't update along with the other parts and assemblies in the New Project File group. Is there a way to get each drawing file DWG to update into it's latest project file and not keep the older images they were made from..

thanks

Sam

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
achintam
in reply to: sammc

Hello,

Is this related to the Copy Design feature in Vault? Can you please post a screencapture of your project structure and explain a bit more about what you are trying to do based on that structure?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report