Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update properties?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tegstette
525 Views, 3 Replies

Update properties?

Here is a challenge...Smiley Frustrated 

I want to update properties from Vault down to hundreds of inventor-files. How can I do this most efficiently?

I can e.g. do this manually one by one by opening and checking out the file and use Update properties in the Vault browser in Inventor (se pic). But this is timeconsuming...

The files are spread all over the Vault, but I can find the files I need by creating a search. But I struggle to find a way to update the properties on the inventor-files. I have tried to check out files from Vault (from my search - and use get/check out on these files) and check them in by tasck scheduler. But this did not update the proerties...

I can do this a little bit more effective by gettig the files down to my local workspace, create a temporary iam where I place all the files, and from this iam check out all files in the browser and update properties on all files...

But seriously... there has to be a better way? Someone has to have a better solution on this than me Smiley Embarassed

Best regards
TG

Autodesk Inventor/Vault Professional 2021
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

It was a long time ago but I did something similar to what you want by using the Kwik Batch Run add-in. The add-in is just the driver of 1 or more macros that does whatever you want, in your case runs Vault Update Properties command.

You will probably need some additional help with writing a macro to fire the Vault Update tool. Throw it out there in the forums and see what you get.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 3 of 4

Hi, and thank you for this tip - after your descrition this is just what I am afterSmiley Happy

Utfortunately it seems like I maybe have a little problems during installation... Not sure how to start it either... is it a standalone program I start from programs (can not find it under programs)-folder, but i can find it under controlpanel - programs and features? Or is it an add-in I start from Inventor, or do I have to start the macros in Inventor?

If you can give me some pointers I may be able to locate the problem...Smiley Frustrated

Best regards
TG

Message 4 of 4

I got help from someone who knows programming. We are not quite there yet... Here is what we have so far... but don't seem like this will update properties from Vault. Anyone who has any good ideas? Not quite sure if the "VaultPropertyWriteBack" is the right command for update properties from Vault.

Public Sub UpdateProp()
    Dim oDDoc As PartDocument
    Set oDDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

Dim oControlDef As ControlDefinition
    ThisApplication.CommandManager.ControlDefinitions.Item("VaultPropertyWriteBack").Execute2 (True)

End Sub

Best regards
TG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report