Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted raster vault-previews

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Dennissthemenace
1123 Views, 9 Replies

Unwanted raster vault-previews

Why do I have, sometimes, "raster"-previews in Vault, when there is no raster-view in these particular idw ? 

Only clue is that when I open these particular idw (in inventor), I can see the view being "raster" for a brief instant, than it's OK, without any human intervention.

So it like if the preview (.dwf) was "created" before the end-processing of the view, done after the complete opening, or something like-that.

I have some occurrences, where it about like describe, but when I do a local-preview-update, it fixes the thing (the previews are generated at night by a job-processor on one of the 4 workstations here).

I have other occurrences where re-publishing the preview don't do nothing better.

In all of those cases, I can confirm that there is NO view set to "raster" !

To "fix" that, I have to do a supplementary version of the file, in fact identical, and having the switch "on" (dwf publishing), then publish that newer preview locally, and then it's OK.

Oh, last thing...

i'nt sure if it's the "raster" that does that, but I sometimes have no-text at the end of a leader-text, or offset-text, or similar "bizarrities"...  Those are fix all the time by a local refresh of the preview, it does-not "stick" to the version of the idw, like the previous probl.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

and...

If the preview could NOT show a white-line in .. Black.. That would help, because i went with a white-line, in a very-few instance, but still, to make it "invisible" at the print, but still there in when looked-at in a monitor..
Message 3 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: Dennissthemenace

I'm having a very difficult time figuring out what you're seeing.  Would it be possible to post some screen captured of the problems you are experiencing?  Also, can you specify the release and flavor of Vault you use?  (basic, professional etc).

Message 4 of 10
Dennissthemenace
in reply to: cbenner

i'll manage to take screen-shot, yes.
Vault Pro, 2014, Inventor Pro 2014, all sp installed
tks
Message 5 of 10
Dennissthemenace

OK, so...

Took a few screen-shot, 3 shown here.

The IDW is "OK" opened in inventor, for sure, nothing done on it, just getted from Vault's V14 (last one).

But that very drawing gives a "faulty" preview, even if we update locally that preview.

I included a previous version's preview (V11), where it was OK...

I'm trying to figure-out what is the "common-point", because like said before, I do have many occurrences.  I think of a common thing in the drawings, or from the WStation which did the version of the idw or the WS which was running the Job-Processor, or ???

Since that kinda "cut-and-try" is time-consuming, I taught I could find somebody who had preview-problems and have some solution "easy".

Den

Message 6 of 10
Dennissthemenace

Again...

This time, it's a "disappeared text" condition, and offset-text also, in the title-block...

Here are 3 screen-snap.

1- was to print the preview, saw missing text..

2-went updating, locally

3-result is 100%, except for the file-location, but can't do on that, because the background-inventor-session is .. Like running on a "copy" of the current-project, wish is temporally mounted in the C/Temp/...  Too-bad for the info on file-location, but that is no big concern here.

Message 7 of 10
moyae
in reply to: Dennissthemenace

I'm having the exact same troubles. Sometimes I can get the view to update correctly by sending it through the job processor. The moving text problem will only be corrected if I update the view locally.

Message 8 of 10

Guys, I think I have a solution to this problem. I posted it in another thread: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-general-discussion/poor-quality-dwf-preview-of-inventor-drawing/... Andrew
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: AndrewPawelski

Same problem here.

Andrew…..I’m not sure if disabling the background updates in inventor is going to solve all the different issues we are experiencing (inaccurate drawing views, missing or misplaced text, very light line weight, etc.). We’ll also install Excel and Word on the Vault server to see if that eliminates the text issues.

I was able to get complete and good quality views with the background updates disabled, but only if the view is updated locally. If I run the view update on the server the result is poor quality views.

Inventor and Vault Pro 2014

Message 10 of 10
AndrewPawelski
in reply to: Anonymous

I have found that Excel must be installed on the Job Processor, especially when processing any iAssemblies or iParts. We have also seen the issue with missing text. The workaround for us was to modify the config file to restart Inventor after every single DWF Create process - it seems to have fixed that issue. This adds a lot of time to the whole process, but that's better than generating files with missing information. Another thing we do is run a script using Windows Task Scheduler to restart the Job Processor application every couple of hours. One of the remaining issues I am still looking to resolve is a lot of 'COM' errors. Restarting the Job Processor application and resubmitting the files seems to resolve this, but we must manually resubmit all failures. It would be nice if files with this error could resubmit themselves after a given time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report