Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreserve Files From Old Shared Workgroup Project

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ross.hollands
660 Views, 4 Replies

Unreserve Files From Old Shared Workgroup Project

Dear all,

I posted this same query on the Inventor forum and it was suggested I ask here too.  Hope someone can help.

I have an issue with files that are checked out to users in an old shared workgroup.  These parts have now been added to vault into a library.  As a result Vault/Inventor was quite happy to add the files to vault as the library is read-only and therefore the file(s) being reserved was not a problem.

Now when I use these files in Inventor I have various refresh errors relating to the library files.  But because the files are reserved in the old sense I cannot edit them and check them back in.  In fact I can't check them out in the first place even using a vault project within the library.

So, my support guy gave me a plan to follow.  I have a shared (non-vault) project on my local machine where the vault library working folder is.  I get all the library files then individually open and steal check out and/or check in.  Then with my vault project I can check those files back into the vault.

The issue is I have thousands of affected files.

I found the cbliss unreserve tool as recommended by many other users.  Bingo I thought!  However it doesn't appear to work with this release.  Has anyone had any success with the tool in 2014?  Or, does anyone know of any other quicker method I can adopt?

Many thanks

Ross Hollands

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ryan
in reply to: ross.hollands

I just tried it on some 2014 test files and it worked fine.  Make sure that you use the "Unreserve & Export" tool, not the other one.

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 3 of 5
ross.hollands
in reply to: ryan

Thnaks Ryan,

I didn't have so much luck.  Please see bitmap.  Does this give any clues?

Thanks

Ross

Message 4 of 5
ryan
in reply to: ross.hollands

Make sure that the files are checked out from vault and that they are not read only.

Sent from my mobile device

Ryan Small, Technology Consultant
1.877.438.2231 x110
Please note our NEW LOCATION, 2300 Steeles Ave West, Suite 240, Vaughan, ON L4K 5X6
Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 5 of 5
ross.hollands
in reply to: ryan

Jackpot!  That seems to have worked!  Thank you!

Now I have ALOT of files to do this to!

I hope this will be the end of the old workgroup check out process!

Thanks again for your time.

Regards

Ross

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report