Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unknown server error

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mzmeister
1302 Views, 5 Replies

unknown server error

hello ng,

while checking in Parts / assemblies which are imported from step files i periodically get the attached error message. These files then cannot be checked in anymore.
The clou: if it is an assembly, then all parts will be checked in, but not the assembly ? ?
If i then export the assembly as *.sat and reimport and save it, then i can check in the whole assembly with all subs and parts without errors.
The most critical problem: some older files, which are createt in iv11 with vault 4 can be checked out, but after this not checked in!! then i get some messages like "error 1103" or "error 0". These files can also only used if i export them as sat and reimport them with loosing all features.
What goes wrong with vault?
Our old System:
Vault server 4 SP 1 on XPSP2/32bit 2GB Ram
Inventor 11 SP 3
Our new System:
Vault server 2009 on VistaSP1/32bit 2GB Ram
Inventor 2009
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello MzMeister,

please post the vlog file from when the error occured - they can be found on the server in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore

Have a look at the iproperties of the file - specifically the assembly as it seems to be one causing the error. Watch out for special characters in both property name and value. You can also try to delete all custom properties to eliminate this option.

Error 1103 means "The child file specified for the association is still checked out". For this you should make sure to either Check in with Children or check in the children before hand.

Regards,

Thomas Schwaiger
Customer Success Engineer | Data Management | Autodesk
Message 3 of 6
mzmeister
in reply to: mzmeister

Hello Thomas,

i cannot find the path you specified below. However, the custom properties in the iprops are the problem. When deleting them, everything works perfectly.

Thanks for your affords

Alexander Thiel
Message 4 of 6
Odim_Karthi

Hi Alex

I too encoutnered this problem. It is a part from supplier. After seeing your practice in the forum, I deleted the all custom made properties and I tried it again. I was worked. Thanks for your solution

Karthi
Message 5 of 6
karthur1

I was having this issue with an imported part as well.  Turned out to be illegal characters in one of the custom parameters.  When I removed those, it went right into vault.

Message 6 of 6

@Thomas Schwaiger wrote:
Hello MzMeister,

please post the vlog file from when the error occured - they can be found on the server in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore

Have a look at the iproperties of the file - specifically the assembly as it seems to be one causing the error. Watch out for special characters in both property name and value. You can also try to delete all custom properties to eliminate this option.

Error 1103 means "The child file specified for the association is still checked out". For this you should make sure to either Check in with Children or check in the children before hand.

Regards,

Thomas Schwaiger
Customer Success Engineer | Data Management | Autodesk

8 YEARS THIS HAS BEEN A KNOWN ISSUE! And it's still not fixed or caught correctly by Vault. Unbelievable. @broepke @olearya

Once the data is in Vault... it can't be checked out to fix it. Any files that use a file like this, if checked out, can't be checked in... So the ONLY way through the user interface that it can be fixed in 201 at least. Is to log in as the Admin and forcefully delete the file, then check in a new version without iProperties containing these special characters... which of course breaks a bunch of file references in the Vault. Not cool. I'm flabbergasted. 

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report