Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Error during publish - 2015 Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cbenner
396 Views, 2 Replies

Unknown Error during publish - 2015 Pro

I have been cleaning out my archives, and putting all of our old CAD files into the Vault, to satisfy both IT and Tech Services.  There are thousands of CAD files, mainly Autocad, dating back to the late 80's.  To save time I added these files using the "Add Files" rather than opening them up individually and checking them in.  As a result, and not unexpectedly, they have no visualizations.  Any attempt to create a dwf for these old files gives me the following error:

dwferror.PNG

The only workaround seems to be to open the file in Autocad, plot it out on paper to lock in the settings, and then check it back in.  Any suggestions?  My approach thus far has been... ignore the problem... maybe it will go away.  😄

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tmoney2007
in reply to: cbenner

This is one of the less helpful errors in this system. If they are older files, they could be in a file format that is causing issues with the dwf generator... or they could have an issue of some kind in the file. I think opening them up and saving them does some cleaning that allows them to go through. Either that or the dwf generation engine in the authoring tools is more robust than what vault uses.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report