Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send visualiztion task(s) to the Job Server

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
cadfish1
485 Views, 10 Replies

Unable to send visualiztion task(s) to the Job Server

Vault Pro 2011 Update 2

Inventor 2011 SP1

I have 1 workstation that is consisently displaying the following error message while checking in files from Inventor:  "Unable to send visualiztion task(s) to the Job Server".  The message also says the reason for the restriction is either the Job Server is diabled or an error occured while creating a visualiztion task.  Since the Job Server is working properly therefore the problem is "an error occured while creating a visualiztion task".  What can I do to fix this?

!temp1.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: cadfish1

Can you verfiy that the job server is enabled?  (Tools -> Global Settings -> Integrations)

If you attempt to create a DWF file through the vault client (not through the job processor) does it create on the workstation or does it fail?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 11
cadfish1
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

I did feel the need to do this because I can see the quote filling up so I know it's working for others but here's my proof.

!temp1.jpg

I don't understand your question about "If you attempt to create a DWF file through the vault client (not through the job processor) does it create on the workstation or does it fail?".  Can you please elaborate?

Message 4 of 11
Andy.Spivey

Sure.  On the workstation that is running the job processor, if you open the vault client, select an IPT file, hit the preview tab, and click the drop down arrow next to update and select "Update Locally" - then click update.

Update_Options.png

If it completes successfully there may be something wrong with the job server / job processor.  If it fails though, there may be a more discriptive error dialog to tell us what is happening (or not happening).

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 5 of 11
cadfish1

It worked on several files (ipt & iam) - no failures.  I took files that had a Visualization Attachment property of "None" and then did a Update Local on them.  I specific chose file without a DWF file because I wanted to rule out any possible file related problems concerning DWF creation.  If at least one of these file failed then I was going to Update Local on files the have "System" for the Visualization Attachment property and look to see if it suceeds, in an attempt to to there are any file specifc problems in creating the DWF file but it didn't fail on any of the file with "None" for the Visualization Attachment property.

Message 6 of 11
Andy.Spivey

Are you able to update the DWF for GGS-0706.ipt from Vault on the machine that runs the job processor?

If it will update locally, can you switch to queue update and click update? 

Jobprocessor_queue.png

If there is no error, can you open the job queue (tools ->  job queue) and see if the job was successfully submitted?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 11
cadfish1

both worked from not only the job processor workstation but the original workstation with the problem.  The problem is more intermittent than I thought.

Message 8 of 11
Andy.Spivey

Maybe it occurs around a certain time daily?

Or only during check-in from Inventor?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 9 of 11
cadfish1

I don't want to dismiss it out of hand but I highly don't time of day is involved.  So far we've only seen this message during checkin from Inventor.  Unfortunately the person with the problem, doesn't use Inventor much.  If I get anymore information I will post it to this thread.

Message 10 of 11
Andy.Spivey

Thanks - let me know what you find.

My though regarding a specific time of day would be if there is a scheduled task that runs on the server / network that may cause a conflict.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 11 of 11
cadfish1

Nothing is schedule other than late night backups on the server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report