Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove the unit

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
kolesaa
531 Views, 11 Replies

Unable to remove the unit

Hello

Unable to remove the units added manually, error occurs 109

unut_del_er_109.PNG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: kolesaa

You can refer the following 2 posts.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General-Discussion/Database-Error-109/td-p/2335314

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General-Discussion/Error-109-in-the-vault/td-p/2765132

Here is a generic description of the issue. 

109 failure is caused by a SQL timeout.  Use the Advanced Configuration guide to see how to increase the SQL timeout value for Vault.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 12
kolesaa
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

this does not occur with all units

Message 4 of 12
Senthil_Kumar

In that case we may need the Database. If you are in subscription you can raise a ticket with Support to provide the DB and then we can take a look at it.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
kolesaa

You can reproduce the problem as follows:

1. create new Vault;
  2. add new unit "square millimeters";
  3. add unit ""square millimeters"" in Item;
  4. delete unit "square millimeters".
Message 6 of 12
Senthil_Kumar

Hi,

I just tried the workflow you have provided and I am not seeing the issue. I see a valid warning message. Please review this video and let me know if i am doing the right steps or not.

Thanks

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 12
kolesaa

sorry, forgot another one.

after #3 need to be replaced in the item to another unit. The unit should not be used in the elements before removing

Message 8 of 12
Senthil_Kumar

Hi,

I have tried that step as well and still seeing the "Unit in use" message. This message will come as long as the item in which it was used is still in the system. Even after changing the unit of the item, the historical information still holds this unit info. So you have to delete that item before trying to delete the unit.

Hope this helps.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 12
kolesaa

hi,

even if you delete all historical versions, removing the units is not possible?

Message 10 of 12
achintam

Hello,

A "Unit of Measure" cannot be deleted if an item is currently using those units or ever used those units. You would have to delete the item first in order to delete the units. However, if you do not want to delete the item, you can use the Purge command to purge historical versions of the item. Select the item and run Purge command which will allow you to purge versions that are in Work In Progress and In Review states. So, as long as there are no versions that are in other lifecycle states, you should be able to purge historical item versions this way and then delete the units.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Anil Chintamaneni

Message 11 of 12
kolesaa
in reply to: achintam

hi,

I deleted all the items, the problem remains

Message 12 of 12
achintam

Are you still seeing Error 109 or a more descriptive error that saying that the units cannot be deleted? If it's Error 109 that you are seeing, there is probably something else going on with your environment. In that case, I suggest that you log a support case.

Thanks

Anil Chintamaneni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report