Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to checkin to Vault from Inventor but can from CAD to Vault

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
spl2112
744 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to checkin to Vault from Inventor but can from CAD to Vault

Hi,

I hope that someone can help me and tell me what I am doing wrong.  I have installed Vault correctly ( I believe) I automatically log onto the vault when I start Inventor and CAD, I can open, check out, check in etc from within Autocad BUT I cannot do the same from within Inventor, I click on the open icon which allows me to open from the Vault explorer window but nothing about checking in or out.

I have checked and all folders are mapped, the "Add ins" are all present in cluding EDM.

On the Vault tab within Inventor, eveything is greyed out with the exception of the Vault Icon and the Log out Icon.

Any clues as to what I have done wrong as it is now getting annoying.....Man Mad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: spl2112

incorrect project file maybe

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
spl2112
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,

I don't know if I am using the "Wrong Project file maybe" but just incase, this is how I created it, which I think may be the problem, you tell me.

I created the vault starting with ADMS Console as recommended , following the guide lines/instructions from Autodesk.  After setting up the "file structure" etc, I then went onto the next step which means doing things from within Inventor.

On opening Inventor, proceed to create the "project file", again following the instructions by Autodesk.

Its at this point that I am stuck as to why the vault is there BUT I cannot use it.  I have even added a part to the vault, checked it in through vault and then opened the part from vault explorer and still the same result with Inventor.

So I must be missing something.

Oh, if it helps, the instructions I have been using are from Autodesk BUT talk about 2009 version not the 2014 version in use. This is the file that autodesk suggest I use.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: spl2112

if you go back to inventor on the get started tab select projects

select the project you think is the correct one

and see what this says:

: InventorProject.png

it should say vault not single user

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
spl2112
in reply to: DarrenP

Many thanks Darran P,

Problem sorted, wrong type of project file.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report