Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to checkin or add new files to Vault 2009

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
walter.whitesell
938 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to checkin or add new files to Vault 2009

We recently upgraded our Vault from version 5 to 2009, as well as upgrading our Autocad from 2007 to 2009.
The Vault server is a Windows 2003 R2 box and the clients are Vista Business x32. The problems we are having
are:

1. When we try to check files back into Vault using Vault explorer we get an error, "Cannot participate in checkin operation due to
vaulting restriction" and "You must check in modified design files through the appropriate application to maintain correct relationship data".

2. When we try to check files back into Vault using Autocad 2009 we get an error also, "Cannot check in document due to vaulting restrictions"

3. We cannot even add a new file to the vault without getting the same errors.

We have applied this hotfixes regarding check in errors after migration. But that did not solve the issue.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=11380390&linkID=9261341

Anyone have a clue? I have verified all the user permissions within vault, even the administrator cannot add files. I did not see anything about
restriction anywhere in the vault manager.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Madhan_T
in reply to: walter.whitesell

Hi,

For #1, If you were trying to check in CAD files from Vault Explorer, you will get this error. This is because, there is an additional option in Tools > Administration > "Disable Check In of Design Files" being enabled by default. So, it is recommended that Check In needs to be done via appropriate CAD application.

For #2 & #3, I suspect that it is due to "Filestore" permission issue. Could you please try granting "Full Control" to the user "AutodeskVault"? Please refer the attached image for reference.

Regards,

Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report