Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Vault Error

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
aparrow
1921 Views, 14 Replies

Unable to access Vault Error

So all of a sudden, none of my Inventor clients can access the Vault. I get a "Vault Workgroup 2014 (18.1.8.0) is not compatible with the Data Management Sever found on PC-1234".

No OS or software updates or patches have been installed over night. Both the Clients and Server are at Build 18.1.8.0 Update 1, 

What I have installed:

• Inventor 2014 SP1 Update 2
  • Vault Workgroup SP1 (and Hotfixs DL21995541 &  DL22258964)

Any ideas? I'm stumped here.....

--
Inventor 2012/2014 Certified Professional
Product/Factory Design Suite 2018
Vault Workgroup & Pro 2018
Dell T7610 - Dual Xeon @ 2.5GHz / 64GB Ram / ATI FirePro W7000 / 512GB SSD & Dual 1TB 10k RPM
Dell M7710 - Core i7 2.7GHz / 64GB Ram / AMD FirePro W5170M / Dual 512GB SSDs
Windows 10 64-bit
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
m.mees
in reply to: aparrow

Hello,

have you tried an IISRESET on the server?

Regards.

Marco

Message 3 of 15
aparrow
in reply to: m.mees

Yes I did do the IISRESET.

I'm installing Sp2 now to see if that changes anything.

Well ..... Installing SP2 did nothing except to change the error to say 18.2.2.0 Update 2.

--
Dell T7610 - Dual Xeon @ 2.5GHz / 64GB Ram / ATI FirePro W7000 / 512GB SSD & Dual 1TB 10k RPM
Windows 10 64-bit
Message 4 of 15
aparrow

Now when I access the ADMS console and select Tools, Adminstration. I get the below error. Guess I will try an uninstall and reinstall path.

Vault Error.JPG

--
Windows 10 64-bit
Message 5 of 15
r.smith1

Have you tried to restart your server?
Have you checked IIS to see if you can access it?
Go to your browser and enter localhost and see if the IIS splash screen appears. Go to localhost/AutodeskDM Does it appear or do you get an error? If so, what error do you see?

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 15
aparrow
in reply to: r.smith1

Come to find out...... our IT department decided to piggy back the corporate website on this machine, and in doing so they’ve screwed something up royally with IIS.

--
Windows 10 64-bit
Message 7 of 15
r.smith1

There's good news if you want to have IT remove IIS and re-install it, to clear out what they might have changed. do the below steps. Otherwise they will need to back out all of the changes they made to IIS and set the Autodesk Vault pages back to their defaults.

If you choose to go the route to remove and re-install, they need to remove IIS and ;net from roles and features. then remove IIS from control panel.
Restart, then re-install IIS and .;net per the advanced configuration guide.
Reinstall .net from the Vault installer media.
Run the REINSTALL operation on ADMS (not the repair) to rebuild the default web sites for Vault.
Test.

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 15
aparrow

Update. I uninstalled IIS and Vault reinstalled both and am back up and working. 

Might as well install the Vault Basic now fix to resolve the CC issues we previously had. 

Thanks to all for the hints and suggestions.

--
Windows 10 64-bit
Message 9 of 15
ppalsson

I had the exact same problem. I tried to restart the service "SQL Server (Autodesk Vault) 'and do a' IISRESET / RESTART '. Then it worked afterwards. I still do not know why it occurred.

Message 10 of 15
minn_guy
in reply to: ppalsson

While trying to access our company's Vault using Vault Basic 2014, I also recevied the pop-up message: "Vault Basic 2014 (18.2.2.0) is not compatible with the Data Management Server found on <our_server_name>."   In my case though, it turned out to be a temporary, short-lived error.  About 15 minutes after first receiving the error and not being able to log in, I tried logging in again and was able to use our Vault without issue.  In checking our server's Event Logs (Windows Server 2008), I noticed that there was a 4-minute span in which 4 Error-level messages were logged (Source: "System.ServiceModel 4.0.0.0").  From what I could tell, these errors seemed to point to a momentary spike in server activity.

Excerpt from one of the Event Log messages:

"The service '/AutodeskDM/Services/InformationService.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Memory gates checking failed because the free memory (<some_number_of_bytes>) is less than 5% of total memory.  As a result, the service will not be available for incoming requests.  To resolve this, either reduce the load on the machine or adjust the value of minFreeMemoryPercentageToActivateService on the serviceHostingEnvironment config element."

Again, I did not change anything nor did I restart any services.  It just started working again.

Message 11 of 15
johannes.bauer
in reply to: minn_guy

JangustJaJRM,
Thanks for joining us in the forums.
The error message says:
Memory gates checking failed because the free memory (<some_number_of_bytes>) is less than 5% of total memory.

How much memory has the machine and was it full?
Perhaps there was a backup operation or something else, which filled up the memory and released it after the operation was done.

Please start a fresh thread if you want to follow up on this. You are replying on a 1 1/2 year old discussion 🙂

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 12 of 15
minn_guy

Hello Johannes.bauer,
Our business has its Vault server on a Windows Server Standard 2008 SP2, 32-bit with 4GB of memory. I don't know whether we were out of memory at the time our Vault was inaccessible. But I'd say there's a pretty good chance that we were. I just checked now for instance, and even with a lower-than-normal amount of people working today (due to the holidays/vacations, etc.), I'm seeing our memory usage hitting 88% of capacity.

Regards.
--JA

From: Autodesk Community [mailto:community-no-reply@autodesk.com]
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 1:59 AM
To: Jon Angus
Subject: Re: Unable to access Vault Error (Autodesk Community Subscription Update)

Hi jangusJAJRM,

johannes.bauer (Autodesk Support) posted a new comment in Vault General Discussion on 12-27-2015 11:58 PM :

JangustJaJRM,
Thanks for joining us in the forums.
The error message says:
Memory gates checking failed because the free memory () is less than 5% of total memory.

How much memory has the machine and was it full?
Perhaps there was a backup operation or something else, which filled up the memory and released it after the operation was done.

Please start a fresh thread if you want to follow up on this. You are replying on a 1 1/2 year old discussion 🙂
Message 13 of 15
johannes.bauer

Hi JangustJaJRM,

Depending on Database Size and Users working I would say 4 GB is a too little.
Furthermore you are using 32-Bit System. I would recommend connect with your reseller and either upgrade or move Vault to a different System (64 Bit System support Windows Server 2012)

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Message 14 of 15
minn_guy
in reply to: johannes.bauer

Thanks for the feedback Johannes.bauer. I agree with you that we could do a whole lot better with a more powerful server here. I started looking into that a while ago.

Also...
I was wondering if you've ever run across this particular error (see attached screenshot) that we're having with our Vault Basic 2014. When attempting to perform a "Copy Design" action, it fails with the error: "The parameter is incorrect". What's odd though, is that only fails with 5 of 9 people I work with who use the Vault. I happen to be one of the lucky ones for whom it works! Though, I should note that I am not a drafter and I rarely access our Vault. I am more of an Administrator to our Vault.

Any assistance you could provide to me in this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
--J. Angus
Message 15 of 15
johannes.bauer

Hi JangusJajarm,

Thanks for your reply. As said please open a seperate topic for a new question.
For your problem: I did a quick search in the forums and maybe check out last answer in this thread:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-general-discussion/copy-design-showing-errors-and-vault-getting...

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report