Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Previous Version of a file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
drathak
385 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to access Previous Version of a file

We use Vault Pro 2013, and I have the following problem.  I need to get a copy of a previous version of a file.  Normally this isn't a problem, but since these files have been placed in a Lifecycle Category, and now have Released Revisions, I don't seem to be able to access the older versions.  Hopefully the screenshot helps explain my problem.  How can I get the highlighted version?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gandhey
in reply to: drathak

Hello,

It seems you already have the non latest version of the file in the Get/Checkout UI. (version 18 may be) Loot at the 'State' this is Work in progress, latest state of the object is 'Released'. Please add 'Version' column to the grid to confirm.

Please add detailed steps, if I am missing anything here.

'Revision' dropdown is available when you have multiple Revisions of the file available.

Regards,

Yogeshwar Gandhe

(Autodesk - Vault team)

Message 3 of 5
drathak
in reply to: gandhey

@gandhey wrote:

It seems you already have the non latest version of the file in the Get/Checkout UI. (version 18 may be) Loot at the 'State' this is Work in progress, latest state of the object is 'Released'. Please add 'Version' column to the grid to confirm.

Please add detailed steps, if I am missing anything here.

'Revision' dropdown is available when you have multiple Revisions of the file available.

OK, but first, some history.  We started out using Vault standard.  We used the "versions" to keep up with previous issues of drawings.  (We constantly update substations, so the drawings are often revised.)  A couple of years ago we upgraded to Vault Professional and instituted Categories and Lifecycle states.  The pro0blem I am having onbly started once we did that and began having files that had been "Released to manufacturing".

The Version column is visible in the image.  It is the 4th column.  The highlighted version (18) is the one I want to retrieve. You'll note it has a comment of "FINAL".  This is how we were marking the version that was issued to our construction department before the upgrade.

Detailed steps:

1. Find file in Vault

2. Select History tab and show all versions of file

3. Locate and right click on desired version (18)

4. Choose "Get/Checkout"

5. Become frustrated that it will only retrieve the Released version of the file, not the one I want.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Message 4 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: drathak

@drathak wrote:

We use Vault Pro 2013, and I have the following problem.  I need to get a copy of a previous version of a file.  Normally this isn't a problem, but since these files have been placed in a Lifecycle Category, and now have Released Revisions, I don't seem to be able to access the older versions.  Hopefully the screenshot helps explain my problem.  How can I get the highlighted version?

Joe,

If you are wanting to get a prior version, on the "History" tab, right click on the one you want and chose "Get/Checkout".  It will copy that version to your workspace.  You can verify which one is on your workspace.

2014-07-14_0912.png

If you are just needing to "view" this version, right-click on the version in the history tab and choose "View in Window".  It will open this up in DWGViewer.  You can print/measure here, just cant make any changes.

Kirk

Message 5 of 5
drathak
in reply to: karthur1

@karthur1 wrote:
Joe,

If you are wanting to get a prior version, on the "History" tab, right click on the one you want and chose "Get/Checkout".  It will copy that version to your workspace.  You can verify which one is on your workspace.

If you are just needing to "view" this version, right-click on the version in the history tab and choose "View in Window".  It will open this up in DWGViewer.  You can print/measure here, just cant make any changes.

Kirk

I know how to do it, but it isn't getting the version I asked for.  It is only retrieving the last version no matter what I do.

I thought I explained that pretty well already.

--------------
Joe Weaver

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report