Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get past the ASPX check on install.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
406 Views, 7 Replies

Trying to get past the ASPX check on install.

Bear with me, I'm not the IT guy, our IT Admin came in today to install Vault and he got hung up on the ASPX check. We looked all over the internet and tried several things, he was able to clear several warnings but there is still one he can't clear, I'm attaching the picture of the screen, not sure if it helps.

Can anyone provide guidance on this? I have to schedule my IT guy to come back in, so I need to have a list of things for him to try.

Thanks,
Danielvault.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ryan
in reply to: Anonymous

If you click on the hyperlink it will open up the help page for that error.

This is almost always an issue with ASP.NET needing to be re-initiliazed with the aspnet_regiis.exe process using the syntax provided in the help link.

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan

My IT Admin clicked on the link and had a list of a few things to try, he did them all and none of them worked. We also called tech support from our reseller and they gave us a few things to try and none of those worked either. 

I was just watching over his shoulder, so I'm not 100% sure what all he did, but one of the things I was curious about was this.

Enter aspnet_regiis.exe -ga ASPNET if you are running Windows XP or aspnet_regiis.exe -ga "%computername%\Network Service" if you are running on a server.

He enetered that, but it kept saying directory not found, so he manually reset the IIS (I think is what it is called), so I don't know if it was done right. He suspected he might need to reinstall IIS but he said the server wouldn't let him uninstall it completely.

Thanks,

Daniel

Message 4 of 8
ryan

The aspnet_regiis.exe is in the Microsoft.net directory.  Open up a command prompt in the appropriate directory and then issue the command.  This will vary depending on which version of vault you are installing and whether you are on 64 bit or not.  For example, if i were trying to get past the precheck for installing Vault 2015 on a 64 bit machine, I would go to directory C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64 and then enter aspnet_regiis.exe -i -enable

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan

Thanks Ryan,

I will pass this on to my IT Admin, it may be a couple weeks, but I will try to remember to post here if it works out or not.

Thank you,

Daniel

Message 6 of 8
samuel.seah

Hi Daniel, 

If you are installing on Windows 8/8.1/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2, you may like to run the following command in command prompt using administrator priviledges to resolve the error:

%windir%\system32\DISM.exe /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:IIS-ASPNET45 /All /quiet /NoRestart

-Samuel

Message 7 of 8
m.mees
in reply to: samuel.seah

Hi,

I think .NET 4.5 is already prerinstalled on Windows 8/8.1/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2 and he needs to install .NEt 3.5 manually first.

Regards.

Marco

Message 8 of 8
samuel.seah
in reply to: m.mees

Hi Marco, 

Yes, you are right to say that .NET 4.5 is pre-installed on Windows 8/8.1/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2. But that command is actually to enable the ASP.NET 4.5 application development modules in IIS.

-Samuel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report