Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRICK: Getting the Vault Revision Table into the Inventor drawing template

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeff_jordan
533 Views, 2 Replies

TRICK: Getting the Vault Revision Table into the Inventor drawing template

I was having a hard time finding a way to insert the Vault Revision Table in the Inventor drawing template. This was because I set up a separate single user project to handle the drawing templates. If you are using the same configuration, you'll notice that there is no option to add a Vault Revision Table to the template. So do the following:

1. Copy the drawing file into the workspace of your vault.
  2. Log into Vault.
  3. Set your active project to the Vault Project
  4. Open the drawing file.
  5. Add the Vault Revision Table.
  6. Save the drawing File (don't check-in)
  7. Copy the drawing file back to your drawing templates folder.

Now upon creating a new drawing in a Vaulted project, you will have a Vault Revision Table already there for you!

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 (Inventor 2015 Pro SP1, Vault 2015 Pro Update 1)
MacbookPro OSx 10.9, Boot Camp
Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
junyi_zhu
in reply to: jeff_jordan

Actually an Inventor revision table should work just as well. Vault controls the column mapping and data population but the underlying mechanism is still Inventor's.

Junyi Zhu

Message 3 of 3
jeff_jordan
in reply to: junyi_zhu

Oh, okay.  Didn't know that, and didn't try it.  I assumed that Vault Revision Table was different than just revision table.  Afterall, there are two buttons.  I also assumed the table had special property mappings.

Speaking of which, it would be nice to reference the Revision (Vault Property) elsewhere in the drawing (such as the title block) without having to map the Vault property to the Inventor Rev Number property.  Since the only direction of this mapping is from Vault to Inventor, you must synchronize properties in Vault.  Something I wish I could automate.  Or better yet, just directly map to the vault Revision property in the drawing template.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 (Inventor 2015 Pro SP1, Vault 2015 Pro Update 1)
MacbookPro OSx 10.9, Boot Camp
Windows 7, 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz
16GB
SSDs
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report