Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering Vault to New Server

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
atf0005
232 Views, 2 Replies

Transfering Vault to New Server

About 2 months ago the company i work for decided to try out vault 2014. We installed it locally on my desktop computer, it worked so well they decided to purchase a new server just to use the Vault on. What would be the best way to transfer or move the Vault from my desktop to the new server. The server is using server 2008. I have read some other post on this topic, but i'm not quite sure i follow them.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: atf0005

The easiest way to do what you want would be do a backup / restore using Console.  Here is a link to the wiki.  I am making the assumption that you are using SQL Express on your workstation.  If not, you will need that version or higher on the new server.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 3
Lancasterm
in reply to: atf0005

I assuming you are talking about Vault (2014) basic..   Meaning are you going from Vault 2014 basic residing on the desktop to the new server using Vault Basic 2014.   If so how many users will be access it?   If there is no Microsoft SQL residing on the new server, SQL express is installed and this version has limitations in on how many users (like 10) can be access vault..   Just want to make sure you understand there is a limitation/slow response out there going down Vault 2014 basic/SQL express.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report