Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Copy Design Usage

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
abreen
177 Views, 2 Replies

Tracking Copy Design Usage

Is there a way to track how many times Copy Design is used on a file, especially for a specific window of time?

Where I work, we have about 70 Inventor assemblies we use as templates. Ideally, I'd like to single out the most-used templates and prioritize template automation based on usage levels. Sure, we have a general idea of which product lines see the most action but I'm looking to make some tables and graphs to really properly tackle our templates. I know this is fairly easy with unique keywords, but our templates weren't designed to be singled out that way.

Thanks,

Aaron

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neil_Cross
in reply to: abreen

As far as I know, from a standard product and standard visibility point of view, copying a design doesn't write any properties or flags into the file you've copied from.  The only reference that a Copy Design has been done is the initial comment created in the new design, but over time I guess that version could eventually be purged away leaving no reference or trace at all that a copy design was done.  So you could keyword search or create a report based on that comment, but how reliable would that be if some versions may have been purged.

There might be something different for this in the new Copy Design in 2015 R2, but personally I haven't used that yet so someone else will need to step in to advise on that?

Message 3 of 3
abreen
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Oh well, that's what I thought, thanks. I guess I'll have to put unique keywords into the templates so that each keyword shows up once per Copy Design. Then I can at least manually produce a report after a month or so.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report