Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for a ServicePack?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
m.numberger
434 Views, 3 Replies

Time for a ServicePack?

Hello,

why Autodesk don't make ServicePack's if there are a lot of Hotfixes?

I think it's good that Autodesk offers with the Hotfixes the users fast a solution, if they has a Problem.

For Vault Workgroup 2011 there are 24 new Hotfixes and the last ServicePack, named as Update2 is from 07. Oct. 2010

What's the policy?

Best regards

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
olearya
in reply to: m.numberger

Hi Michael,

The Vault team generally determines the need for a service pack based upon larger technical considerations such as updating the database schema or providing technically complex solutions.  We are sensitive though to the proliferation of hot fixes and do look to roll these up where it makes sense and release product updates intermittently.  There are of course production dependencies and a larger effort that goes into producing an update which means it is not always an efficient use of development time.

Having said this - 24 seems to be getting to the upper end of a reasonable number hotfixes and I believe we will look to provide an update in the near future while 2011 is still supported. 

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
m.numberger
in reply to: olearya

Hello Allen,

since the last post 4 months ago there are 5 additional hotfixes for Vault 2011.

Is an update/servicepack in sight?

Best regards

Michael

Message 4 of 4
olearya
in reply to: m.numberger

Hi Michael,

Not at this stage - I will keep you informed though if these plans change.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report