Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin client security

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
eric.paris
847 Views, 2 Replies

Thin client security

Hi, with the Vault Pro 2015 Thin Client, there is an option called “Restrict download of file with visualization attachment“.

Is it normal that a user with “Document Consumer“ role is able to download a file in the vault, if this file does'nt have DWF published?

I thought that this option was to restrict the download of DWF files only.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
zongjie.ng
in reply to: eric.paris

Hi Eric,

Regarding the option called "Restrict download of file with visualization attachment", the function of this is to prevent user from downloading the file in the case where that particular file has DWF generated. In the case where the file does not have DWF generated, the file itself will be available for download even if that option is checked.

|                Option Checked                 |          Option Not Checked                          |

Item A (with DWF)  |     Only DWF will be downloadable   |    Both DWF and file will be downloadable |

Item B (w/o DWF)   |     File will be downloadable             |       File will be downloadable                      |

With the above illustration, it means that the option has no effect on a file without DWF generated.

On your second question about the Document Consumer, the behavior is based on the permission given to the role in Vault itself. When using a Document Consumer on the thick client(Vault application client), the same behavior that is happening in Thin Client can be observed as well. You will also be able to download the file, however you are not allowed to check out the file if you are a Document Consumer.

Hope this helps to answer your query. And if i misinterpret your question, please feel free to correct me and allow me to answer you again.

Thank you

Message 3 of 3
eric.paris
in reply to: zongjie.ng

Thank you very much for your help.

Your answers confirm what i though and it's very appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report