Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin Client not recognizing Admin password

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
cbenner
760 Views, 7 Replies

Thin Client not recognizing Admin password

Just as the title says.  Vault Professional 2015, just loaded SP1 but I had this problem prior to that as well.  Logging in to thin client as administrator, the "username or password are invalid".  Even though it is the same user name and password with which I log in to the ADMS, and manage all of the Vault.

Also noticed (so far) that after SP1, thin client still not showing watermark on Items.... but that may be a setting?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Neil_Cross
in reply to: cbenner

I can only assume you've tried and thought about this, but your admin password doesn't have character symbols in it such as " or * or @ ?

Just wondering if the keyboard has maybe changed to a different region so the symbols are being typed differently? It's likely not that, but was the first thing to come to mind.

Message 3 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: Neil_Cross

@Neil_Cross wrote:

@I can only assume you've tried and thought about this, but your admin password doesn't have character symbols in it such as " or * or @ ?

Just wondering if the keyboard has maybe changed to a different region so the symbols are being typed differently? It's likely not that, but was the first thing to come to mind.

Actually there is one character in the password.... I'll try changing it at the server level and making the attempt again... if it's that simple I'm going to feel pretty dumb.

Message 4 of 8
Neil_Cross

I'm in the UK and often Windows Server installs default to using the US keyboard, all the common characters swap around which can cause a slip with the likes of the sa password and such.

Another thing to do is type the password into Notepad first, visibly verify it's correct, then copy paste that into the password field.  Worth a go.

Message 5 of 8
cbenner

OK,... I logged into ADMS as Admin, and changed the password to one with no characters.  Tested the password logging into Vault Client and had no problems.  Same username and password on Thin Client will not work (I also tried the copy/paste from notepad trick... good idea).

Just to make certain I am not being brain dead... can someone verify the thin client address as http://server/AutodeskTC/Landing

Vault Pro 2015 SP1

Message 6 of 8
Neil_Cross

Yea I just manually punched in:

http://server/AutodeskTC

That's the root web page address in IIS and will redirect you to the landing page.  

Message 7 of 8
cbenner
Message 8 of 8
ihayesjr

Chris,

Do you have Vault Office? If not, then you can only log in as Read-only.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report