Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Project iProperty into DWG file not appear in Vault

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
amartin.r
446 Views, 6 Replies

The Project iProperty into DWG file not appear in Vault

Hi,

During the training, the instructor advised me don't use IDW file but DWG for drawings, because it's most used.

But I noticed that columns "Project" is empty, whereas the iProperty isn't empty !
This problem appear ONLY when I use "DWG" file, I don't have this problem with "IDW" file.

It's normal ? Or Vault it's misconfigured ?

Thank for your help

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: amartin.r

Can you install Vault 2015 SP1 and try ? You can get the SP1 from http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-vault...

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 7
amartin.r
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

I can't to install Vault 2015, but we will migrate early January.

It's very strange because the iPropertiy "Description" works well.

Message 4 of 7
Neil_Cross

The IDW format is perfectly usable and reliable.  DWG is only really beneficial if you plan on sending your original drawings out to other people, it's great that this is possible but a lot of the larger companies (that I know of) usung Inventor still use the IDW format.  It's a good choice to have though.

The likely reason you're not seeing the property in Vault is because  the Project property isn't assigned to be included with new custom made file categories.  You need to edit the property in Tools > Administration > Vault Settings > Behaviours > Properties, Edit *Project* property, and tick the category you use for your DWG files.

24-11-2014 08-33-23.png

Once you've ticked that, the property wont suddenly appear, but check a new drawing in and you should hopefully see the project property now displaying a value in Vault.

*edit* the above category 'Engineering Drawing' is unique to my Vault, you won't see that, if you still only have the default 4 categories just tick them all if they're not ticked and you're unsure which category is used for your drawings.

Message 5 of 7
amartin.r
in reply to: Neil_Cross

I don't have access to "Behaviours", I don't have all rights.

But when I go to (Tools > Administration > Vault Settings > Properties), I see the difference between "Description" and "Project")

I'll ask to get all rights as admin.

iPropertyProject.png

iPropertyDescription.png

Message 6 of 7
Neil_Cross

Yes there could be two issues there.  By the looks of it the Inventor DWG file type mapping isn't there for the Project property, that mapping is there by default so it's a little strange that it's not there on your setup.  

That might fix it, but then also as mentioned earlier it might not be assigned for use on your file category.  Two things to try, hopefully one or both will get it sorted out Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
amartin.r
in reply to: Neil_Cross

This was a problem of mapping.

I reattached the iProperty (Project) to .dwg file, and now my iProperty appears correctly in Vault.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report