Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The filestore identity does not match the Vault

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FSX
750 Views, 5 Replies

The filestore identity does not match the Vault

I am trying to move our vault to a new machine.

We are using ADMS 2008 on both the old machine and the new one. A fresh install of ADMS 2008 is on the new machine. A backup of the vaults was done on the old machine through ADMS. There are some orphaned files in the filestore that cause some warnings. One of the vaults was reporting missing file errors, we detached that vault and tried again but get the same results. The AutoDeskDM related stuff is in IIS.

I continue to get the error "The filestore identity does not match the Vault." upon restoring the backup on the new machine. Google usually helps but not this time, no results matching the error string.

I am going to do the move by moving the databases through SQL server and hope for the best there but that still will not resolve the issue of making a good, restorable backup through ADMS. We can fix the missing file issue with dummy files as that vault contains old projects and is kept for historical reasons and time is on our side for fixing it and can be left on the old machine 'for now'.

Any help or insight on the "The filestore identity does not match the Vault." error would be appreciated.

Dave
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: FSX

Hi Dave,

This usually means that the file store path you are
trying to restore to has information from a vault with the same name but
different internal identity. This is checked to avoid stomping on data from an
unrelated vault.

There are a couple things you could do here. The
easiest solution would be to pick a specific filestore path in the restore
dialog [this is the last entry]. An alternative solution would be to remove or
rename the existing filestore [assuming they are not being used]. On XP, the
filestores are located at : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore

Hope this helps,

Paul Gunn
Message 3 of 6
FSX

Thanks for the reply Paul,

I had tried what you suggested and I tried again anyways with no luck.

I have moved our 45Gb vault by using SQL server's backup. This required repairing the permissions on the files even after restoring. I simple way of doing that was to detach, attach and detach once more with SQL server management studio. Attaching in ADMS then becomes possible. The main vault's KnowledgeVault table had to be cleared to prevent duplicate index errors. Once everything got reattached with ADMS I had to give users permissions to the newly attached vaults since the vault IDs are no longer the same.

Because I had to remove the entries in KnowledgeVault there must be entries for the users of the now non existant vaults, do you know offhand which table that would be held in? If not I will search for the entries when time allows (We will not be adding any new vaults and there does not seem to be any clashes right now due to missing vault IDs)

This does give me a method of backing up for now but does not resolve the original issue of making/restoring backups with ADMS. This could be due to corrupt data in the older vaults. I will test that on an offline test machine when time allows (backup/resore of 45Gb takes awhile)

Thank you

Dave
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Dave,

I have thought of one possible explanation for what
you are seeing.

The backup contains a FileStoreInfo.fsg for each
vault filestore. If this file didn't have the same identity as the database, you
could see the error you describe. I'm not sure how such a situation could have
happened, but it would explain what you are seeing. If so, the solution would be
to delete or rename the FileStoreInfo.fsg files from the
<backup_root>\FileStores\<Vaultname> folders in the backup. This
will not interfere with the Restore operation but would avoid identity mismatch
such as you describe.

I think this is likely the problem - let me know
how it goes. But if not let's keep working on the issue until you have a
reliable backup / restore process in place. I'm very sorry you had to go into
the database to get things working - I'd definitely like to get you to the point
were that wouldn't be necessary.

Paul
Message 5 of 6
gRanid

Hi Paul ,

Thanks a lot for competent advice!
Your council about FilestoreInfo.fsg very much has helped us.

With the best regards from Russia!

Dinar aka gRanid , Ruslan aka Budkin.
Spasibo
Message 6 of 6
yuliy.finkelsteyn
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you for your posting This saves my life 🙂

Many Thanks from Germany!!!

Regards

Yuliy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report