Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamwork Blue Cielo & Autodesk Vault Pro 2013 Inventor Add-ins

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chris_turner
1703 Views, 6 Replies

Teamwork Blue Cielo & Autodesk Vault Pro 2013 Inventor Add-ins

I have recenlty installed VP 2013 on a full SQL dedicated new vault server and all appears to be working corerectly on the server. My laptop also works perfectly as a client on their network and environment. All is fine getting the inventor project from the vault, getting the files out and checking them in again etc. I have however had issues with client PC's that are also running the teamwork blue cielo inventor add-in, It seems that both vault and the blue cielo inventor add-ins can't co-exist. If I unistall the teamwork client from the pc, vault runs fine, but if they are on together, the vault works incorrectly. Specifically, the vault project and folder mapping is completely incorrect.

I do realise that this is maybe not a vault issue, but does anyone have any advice/ideas that can assist. This customer we have is transitioning from teamwork to the vault and they do need to access both applications initially over the transitional period.

Any help/experience on getting both to work would be great!

You help would be much appreciated.

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
innowell
in reply to: chris_turner

Hi Chris,

if the inventor-document is not stored in teamwork the integration should not have any impact.

Otherwise you have to switch of the inventor-addin from teamwork this way inventor does not know anything about teamwork.

If you need any help migrating the teamwork data let me know. Even though I would recomend to keep Teamwork in place:-)

Regards

Daniel

Message 3 of 7
chris_turner

Thanks Daniel for your comments. I have to say that I still am struggling with this on some workstations though. Even turning off the teamwork inventor addin, I still get the problem on some workstations. It's possibly windows 'profile' related but who knows where the problem is. The login to vault works fine, but the 'Open' in inventor is greyed out. It all works good with AutoCAD and Office, but Inventor continues to be a problem. I've checked all the usual things but this problem sure is being a challenge.

Any further suggestions from anyone, would be good.

Thanks

Chris

Message 4 of 7
innowell

Hi Chris,

- you could delete the inventor tree under HKCU/Software/Autodesk and then start inventor again it will create a new one for this user.

- stop the Teamwork Application Integration (AMHookTray.exe)

- maybe reinstalling the vault-addin?

Regards

Daniel

Message 5 of 7
marcosfp
in reply to: innowell

Hi Chris,

We have been worked with Teamwork for years, managing thousands of Autodesk files, controlling versions and information workflow (for distribution and approval).

Now we are working in a plan to change the platform due a lot of concerns (price, quality service, providers, etc). It means that we intend to move from BlueCielo Team work  to Vault, regarding that this Autodesk tool could cover all our needs about handling project files.

My big concern of me is the find a way (if it exists) to migrate information from teamwork to Vault, is it possible? Is there a tool to do it easily or better not too difficult? or need I “freeze” my actual environment and start from zero of new one? What can I do to make my life easier about changing that platform?

I really appreciate your comments.

Kind Regard,

Teamwork 2009a (9.10)

Mechanical 2009

Inventor 2010.

Message 6 of 7
innowell
in reply to: marcosfp

Hi,

the good thing, if datas are stored in a database there should be a way to migrate it to another db-system.

the bad thing, this can be some hard work and you have to unterstand the data-model from both side to extract the right information and to store it in the new place.

you would basically need 2 information sets:

- the metadata of your documentents including alle versions and including the path where the file is stored

- the information what document is linked to which other document (Inventor-links, xrefs)

Regards

Message 7 of 7
innowell
in reply to: innowell

Something I forgot, Meridian/Teamwork are very powerfull systems.

But you have many ways to build up and configure a custom-system and if you do it the wrong way you are in a mess.
Vault my be a bit more preconfigured and less open but still then the right concept is the half work.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report