Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Scheduler - Migrate Files From Vault

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
iamerm
1035 Views, 7 Replies

Task Scheduler - Migrate Files From Vault

I am trying to use Task Scheduler Version 5.0 to migrate Inventor files to version 2014.  I select Create Task -> Migrate Files.  I then check the "Migrate From Vault" & "Immediately" boxes.  I then select the "Add Folder" option & select a folder from Vault.  I also made sure that I selected the correct project file.

The task typically runs to completion, but, more often than not, in Vault all of the files in the selected folder show up as green (edited out of turn).  To me it appears that the files are successfully checked out, migrated, & checked back in - however the local version somehow isn't getting uploaded back to the Vault.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?  As always, thanks in advance for any input.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: iamerm

I just tried and I do not see the issue. The files are getting checked in to vault and right status is getting reflected. You can check the Log file after the Migration task from Task Scheduler and verify whether the files are downloaded to the right location ( which should be same as the Vault working folder).

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 8
iamerm
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

When I check the migration log, the files appear to be downloading to the correct location.  For some reason, though, they are just not getting checked in.

What's really strange to me is that when I try to migrate an assembly, all of the library files get checked in successfully, but none of the other files do.  The log doesn't show any check-in errors - it just acts as if it doesn't even try to check the non-library files back in.

Message 4 of 8
Senthil_Kumar

We have to get the dataset to see the issue. You can log a support case so that someone from Support team can get in touch with you to get the dataset.

Thanks!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
iamerm
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

I have logged a support request on this.  I will try to remember to post the results.

Message 6 of 8
mbodnar

Hi

I have experienced the same issue where the task scheduler seems to hang on check in. So it does the check out and migrate successfully but on check in, it hangs.

I have created another task scheduler task to check files in, and I suspect this is a bug. Only seems to occur on assemblies and drawings

Max

Message 7 of 8
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: mbodnar

Max,

Is it possible for you to share the Dataset? You can send it to me at senthilDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom.

Thanks!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
iamerm
in reply to: mbodnar

I'm still working with support on this.  If there is a specific fix I'll post it.

So far the temporary workaround has been to create 3 separate tasks in task scheduler:

1. Check out a folder from Vault

2. Migrate data in that folder LOCALLY (from the PC hard drive)

3. Check the folder back in to the Vault

The problem with this method is that files outside the specified folder that are referenced by the assemblies seem to remain checked out.  So there's a fair amount of cleanup to be done afterwards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report